Post Thanks / Like

Spray/Seal or Coat

Off topic or on. I`ve been hemming/hawing on this. Going to do 1 last polish/coating (or sealant) on the wifes car - want to get this chore done before spring hits. Probably will be getting a replacement close. Polish for sure is needed. Debating whether to just spray/seal till we sell it or go the extra mile. For sure the longevity, the finish is different than a spray/seal. And yes, I do think it does mitigate (slow down marring) on soft paint - so the coating does have it`s benefits with the labor of more prep/application. If I coat this, I`m guesstimating my prep if not protection time doubles.

Anyhow, who`s a spray and sealer these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray/Seal or Coat

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Off topic or on. I`ve been hemming/hawing on this. Going to do 1 last polish/coating (or sealant) on the wifes car - want to get this chore done before spring hits. Probably will be getting a replacement close. Polish for sure is needed. Debating whether to just spray/seal till we sell it or go the extra mile. For sure the longevity, the finish is different than a spray/seal. And yes, I do think it does mitigate (slow down marring) on soft paint - so the coating does have it`s benefits with the labor of more prep/application. If I coat this, I`m guesstimating my prep if not protection time doubles.

Anyhow, who`s a spray and sealer these days.
    By spray and seal do you mean like gyeon wetcoat type product? Spray on panel hose off? If so I use McKee’s on my wheels. Didn’t like it on paint. May just me not believing that this actually works. Just ordered a bottle of hydro lite 2 as it was a good sale and will give that a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you`re going to sell the vehicle soon, instead of polishing and they applying a sealant of some sort, I`d simply hit it with an AIO and take care of both steps at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have a AIO in my stash nor do I want to buy one, only for it to sit around..
    I got plenty of Hydr0 and polishes.
    I`m ok with buying some coating if I need to.
    The slight benefit if we go alltheway with the coat is increased marring resistance.

Car needs a polish. I guess LSP is just going to sway how much refinement it gets

Thread Information