Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looks like Adam`s has come a long way....?

It’s overpriced for what you get in my opinion. I haven’t used one Adams product that does anything better than what I was already using that’s also cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had good luck with most of thier products I`ve tried. It seems very "cultish" to me? Some products are a bit pricey, but I dont tbink I`ve had any problems with any products I`ve tried from them. So they seem good to go.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m surprised Adams Detail Spray hasn`t come up. It`s one of my all-time favorite QDs.
    Buttery Wax is an amazing topper, as good a P21S, and lasts about as long (old-timers will get that). But really, if you apply Buttery Wax with a DA, black pad, on 2 or 3, take your time and "feed the paint" as we said in the 90`s, it`ll produce a show-winning finish.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t seen a reason to buy anything from Adam`s since they are way overpriced compared to just about everything else which I know work well.

BTW, who makes Adam`s stuff for Adam?

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to try there glass cleaner- any input?

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not a fanboy but I`ve liked everything of theirs I have tried. The detail spray, wheel cleaner, tire and rubber cleaner, and car shampoo are my faves.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post
    I`m not a fanboy but I`ve liked everything of theirs I have tried. The detail spray, wheel cleaner, tire and rubber cleaner, and car shampoo are my faves.
    Never use their iron remover but read good things. If it compares with most, a good value at about 42$ with a sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Adams is a boutique brand that cost more than most, their web site and followers are total homers that being said when I first started out largely due to the junkman I used their stuff. However as time went on I got away from their products.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried the tire and rubber cleaner which is great. Hehe always see Sizzle Chest useing it so that`s why I tried it. Will test it against the Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner which I just got. Or if the Bilt Hamber Surfex HD which even diluted 1:10 does a better work on the browning effect I will be useing that still. And BH SHD can be used undiluted and is 2.5 of the price of Adam`s Tire and Rubber Cleaner in gallon size. Will be doing some testing with them all 3 and see which will be the one

You say it`s pricey LOL. Add two up to third of the price you get it at. Is the prices in Sweden for most american brands. That`s why I don`t buy Megs or Adam`s or other brands if they are not in the top tier of the products in their category. Take Meguiars Fast Finish that is priced at 34$ here. And very uncommon that they are on any sales also. If I would have gotten them at the prices you have I would test out more american products for sure.

GTA-ish (North of Toronto but close enough to see the smog)
    Post Thanks / Like

Like most have said, never had any issues with other stuff I tried but usually found something better / as good but cheaper.
    That said, their glass cleaner is really good, quick interior detailer and detail spray are ones I continue to order and use on my own cars
    Looks like I`ll have to give the ceramic spray a try in the spring
    M

Post Thanks / Like

Adams is a brand you could use if you wanted just one brand. They have a complete line and a lot of it is really good. Maybe a bit more pricey than some other stuff but pretty average for the market. They just aren’t discounting it as heavy as PBMG stuff likes to do at times. That tells you how much some of this stuff must really cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Adams is..a bit more pricey than some other stuff but pretty average for the market. They just aren’t discounting it as heavy as PBMG stuff likes to do at times. That tells you how much some of this stuff must really cost...
    Or it tells ya how much markup the market will bear

No, no ...not flaming them, just being a smart-[aleck] I guess. I do think it`s good when somebody starts out in the business at one level many can relate to and then grows that business into something big. Sometimes the little tweaks that make for product/brand differentiation really are significant, dunno if that`s the case with Adams stuff or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I have tried the tire and rubber cleaner which is great. Hehe always see Sizzle Chest useing it so that`s why I tried it. Will test it against the Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner which I just got. Or if the Bilt Hamber Surfex HD which even diluted 1:10 does a better work on the browning effect I will be useing that still. And BH SHD can be used undiluted and is 2.5 of the price of Adam`s Tire and Rubber Cleaner in gallon size. Will be doing some testing with them all 3 and see which will be the one

You say it`s pricey LOL. Add two up to third of the price you get it at. Is the prices in Sweden for most american brands. That`s why I don`t buy Megs or Adam`s or other brands if they are not in the top tier of the products in their category. Take Meguiars Fast Finish that is priced at 34$ here. And very uncommon that they are on any sales also. If I would have gotten them at the prices you have I would test out more american products for sure.
    Don`t complain about prices, you get to live in Sweden which beats anything else you have to deal with concerning detailing, it`s a dream country.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

They have some nice products. For the most part they do what they say they do with a couple that don`t. They have their own niche community where Adams products are king and all others are under performers. There are some close minded people on that forum. As far as pricing it is no more than some of the PBMG house brands.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I have their Swirl Killer 15mm DA. Great value especially when on sale for a quality machine. I haven`t used their other products.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information