Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looks like Adam`s has come a long way....?

Glass cleaner is very good. Iron remover is not as `strong` compared to others, takes longer to work. Smells great though! Tire and Rubber cleaner is on par with Tuf Shine IMO.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve tried some Adams products and none were bad. The only one I ha e re purchased was the tire and rubber cleaner. It really is better than the regular APC for cleaning tires.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What about the Adams Tire/Rubber cleaner makes it more desirable than the competition?

Curious since I`m down to my last gallon of Griot`s Rubber Cleaner and would like something a lot cheaper and preferably more potent that`s also not gonna dry out my rubber.

I know lots of people use APCs/Degreasers on rubber stuff/tires, but I`m not gonna do that (although I do sometimes use my old TAW for it).

Post Thanks / Like

The Adams Swirl Killer Mini is a solid polisher. Except for the fancy backing plate connection, I feel it is just as good as my Rupes Mini. I actually think it has more power than the Rupes. Its an unbelievable price and you get to use the Adam`s coupons on it. I got mine for $130. Spend the $180 you save on a complete line up of 3" pads instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator: I`m not sure it`s more desirable than the competition, it works very well though. I`ve only used Tuf Shine before, so that`s what i compare it to.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Adams car shampoo, rubber and tire, and the wheel cleaner work great! I also scored on a mystery bucket so I got over $300 worth of product for $99. If you do the mystery boxes or buckets and score the price is definitely worth it. Plus they have a 15% off sale every week but if you wait for the bigger sales the price is not too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

They just released a "limited edition" detail spray....well they just changed the color and scent and the fan boys are going crazy lol. These people never cease to amaze me!
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle Chest- Thanks, and I appreciate that comparison with TuffShine, another one on my radar.

FWIW, I`m basically leaning towards shopping by price as long as the performance is OK, I`m not the most demanding/discerning customer when it comes to Rubber Cleaners for my tires, probably not all that Autopian about `em.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Sizzle Chest- Thanks, and I appreciate that comparison with TuffShine, another one on my radar.

FWIW, I`m basically leaning towards shopping by price as long as the performance is OK, I`m not the most demanding/discerning customer when it comes to Rubber Cleaners for my tires, probably not all that Autopian about `em.

Solid and smart plan of action. I don`t think anyone would fault you for going that route.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the tuff shine tire cleaner last summer and it works great. The only other tire cleaner I can compare it with is the one from top of the line but they want way too much for shipping. Tuff shine works just as good if not better. Both are 1 to 1 mixture. Is Adams the same mixture

Post Thanks / Like

Fishroes- Ah, another comparison that resonates with me, if only because I do like patronizing TOL. But yeah, their lack of shipping deals is a negative.

It seems like everybody likes the TuffShine Cleaner, I just wonder if it`d be paying for better performance than I need.

Sizzle Chest- Heh heh, I bet some here *would* find fault with my approach towards tires, like...Autopians who get them white-glove clean.

Post Thanks / Like

They are a great place to `start`, and where I started 9 years ago. The products work well, and the polishes are color-coded to the pads (like Rupes) which it much easier for a beginner. They have greatly improved their polishes over the years (right Sizzle!), but I primarily use offerings from other vendors now. I started with Detail Spray and VRT, and still use them both. Their Paint Sealant is a fine twice a year product, and the H2O Guard & Gloss is a fantastic short-term sealant that can be applied as part of a Rinseless wash. And like Scott, I like the Rubber Cleaner, and the price is good if you watch their sales.

Since Dylan left their focus lately has seemed to be more on marketing products with different labels to make them `collectible` for social media sites. They were later to the coating game, but for a long time the target customer was some one with nice cars that wanted to care of them properly, not the Pro or even Pro-sumer.

As for the `fan boy` comment, their forum is run by the company and is for discussing their products, so you expect some bias (much like the AutoGeek forum).

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto for me. I do like their detail spray.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw Chemical Guys Jet Seal for $40 at the parts store. I think the Mothers CMX will be better for half the cost. For auto part store products it`s hard to beat Duragloss or Mothers. Although after all theses years I still love the look of Zaino Z8.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information