Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Any business owners Ceramic Pro/Optimum Coating certified?

* I was going to post this in the business retailers section but it looks like it has decade old posts in there*

For those of you who do this professionally- or on the side- have you registered to sell/work with either Ceramic Pro or Opti Coat?

Thanks in advance. I am seriously thinking of running my own side mobile detailing business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any business owners Ceramic Pro/Optimum Coating certified?

I don`t know about Ceramic Pro for sure; but I do believe that to do Opti-Coat Pro you have to have a legitimate business licence, insurance, and I believe a place of business. ( I not sure if they really go for mobile or side work anymore. )

They also have a training at their facility if you want to listed as "certified".

Your best bet would be to reach out to both and see what the requirements are for sure.
    Likes Striker liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Check them out carefully, see if you have to pay a buy in to become “certified “. Also check out how many other shops offer the same in your area. There are 3 c quartz certified guys in a 20 minute range of me. So why would I offer the same? Good luck to you!
    Likes Striker, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got no dog in this fight but what do you have to gain by becoming certified other than access to their pro style coatings? Again with no dog I would check out IGL. They seem to really have their program together.

Post Thanks / Like

I was Opti-Coat certified but dropped them back in 2014 after repeated price hikes. As Troy mentioned they don`t really do part time guys anymore but if you can buy the monthly minimum, they`d probably make an exception. Pretty sure CP will authorize anyone based on what I`ve seen. I have 11 CP installers within 25 miles of me...ELEVEN!

I`m an authorized Cquartz Finest Reserve installer, only one in my state and the next closest is a few hundred miles. CQuartz would be pretty hard to get though, especially the Finest Reserve.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, ceramic pro doesn’t seem to care about quality, more quantity from what I’ve seen. Rasky you’re fortunate, I’ve got 3 finest installers within a 20 minute ride of us!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I was Opti-Coat certified but dropped them back in 2014 after repeated price hikes. As Troy mentioned they don`t really do part time guys anymore but if you can buy the monthly minimum, they`d probably make an exception. Pretty sure CP will authorize anyone based on what I`ve seen. I have 11 CP installers within 25 miles of me...ELEVEN!

I`m an authorized Cquartz Finest Reserve installer, only one in my state and the next closest is a few hundred miles. CQuartz would be pretty hard to get though, especially the Finest Reserve.
    11 wow. There is not a real live detailer within 100 miles of me. Just $10 wash guys around here. In my area a detail job means they wax it. No joke. I tell my friends about real detailing and I get looks of disbelief. Sad.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, Rasky. Re: my other thread way back on *authorized shops*. What qualifications/merits are there for the Reserve ?

Only asking, as there is only literally like 3 CP out here with the east facing dealership radius out there, and ONE of them, OMG/LOL is a complete joke of a detailer......I posted this eon`s ago. He was using old *clean* socks apply peanut oil on trim. Just saying..

Post Thanks / Like

Rasky is the one to ask about c quartz, they’ve changed a million times since we left them. Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard about ceramic pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Mike, Rasky. Re: my other thread way back on *authorized shops*. What qualifications/merits are there for the Reserve ?

Only asking, as there is only literally like 3 CP out here with the east facing dealership radius out there, and ONE of them, OMG/LOL is a complete joke of a detailer......I posted this eon`s ago. He was using old *clean* socks apply peanut oil on trim. Just saying..
    Reserve is very strict and considered to be the most exclusive coating out there. Professional is a little more lax but Corey does a lot of checking on them as well before he`d consider approving anyone. I believe they have to attend a class now prior to being certified and we also have to attend Verge every other year to maintain our certification. Densely populated cities may have more installers than areas like mine, but we all work together to avoid under cutting each other.

Yeah, not surprised at all about CP installers.

Mike, I only see 2 Finest Reserve Installers in your area and they are 38 mile apart from each other. The other one is only approved for Professional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Rasky is the one to ask about c quartz, they’ve changed a million times since we left them. Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard about ceramic pro.
    Out of curiosity why`d you leave Cquartz?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Reserve is very strict and considered to be the most exclusive coating out there.
    It`s exclusive but is it really better than the consumer products they offer? I saw a comparison of it and UK 3.0 and the results were very similar, might have been 3.0 having the edge in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Rasky, sorry, don’t keep up with the difference, they’re all 3 within a 20 minute drive of each other.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as why we left, not going there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    It`s exclusive but is it really better than the consumer products they offer? I saw a comparison of it and UK 3.0 and the results were very similar, might have been 3.0 having the edge in the end.
    They will be quite similar IME (as are all coatings) but they are different and each will excel in it`s own way. UK definitely holds it`s own though. With Professional and especially Reserve, it`s also about knowing that your installer is very highly skilled and knows what they`re doing and they`re not just some hack CP or other coating installer that`s never touched a polisher before.
    Likes RZJZA80, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information