Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any business owners Ceramic Pro/Optimum Coating certified?

Well said!
    Thanks RaskyR1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    They will be quite similar IME (as are all coatings) but they are different and each will excel in it`s own way. UK definitely holds it`s own though. With Professional and especially Reserve, it`s also about knowing that your installer is very highly skilled and knows what they`re doing and they`re not just some hack CP or other coating installer that`s never touched a polisher before.
    Very well said. In the end you are buying the skill of the detailer more than the coating. There are only very subtle ways to tweak coating formulations. I just had a fun email session with the distributor for element 119. They have an 8 year coating and one with a “lifetime” warranty. I’m sure the coating is pretty good, but the warranty is junk. Very similar to the warranties sold by new car dealers. The coating market is filling up so the prices for the actual product should fall or manufacturers may drop out of the business. My dealings with coating manufacturers have been eye opening.
    Likes RaskyR1, BudgetPlan1, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all that responded! I am not sure if I’ll even go down that route, just inquiring peoples experiences.

I’ve been detailing my cars for the last 10 years and more and more people keep asking me to do theirs so a bulb goes off in my head every now and then if I should do this part time and take it one job at a time.

However, I just don’t know exactly how. I don’t have a shop/garage of my own so I’m thinking a mobile detailing business will have to suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Thanks for all that responded! I am not sure if I’ll even go down that route, just inquiring peoples experiences.

I’ve been detailing my cars for the last 10 years and more and more people keep asking me to do theirs so a bulb goes off in my head every now and then if I should do this part time and take it one job at a time.

However, I just don’t know exactly how. I don’t have a shop/garage of my own so I’m thinking a mobile detailing business will have to suffice.

Coating mobile is not ideal unless they have a garage you can work in. I personally would not coat a car outside.
    Likes Stokdgs, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post

Hello,

It`s very difficult to perform a coating application being mobile. Reason being is that paint correction is a huge part of a succesful coating application. CeramicPro has been for my shop a good system in generating revenue. I like that they have set prices and if the customer does not want paint correction it must be noted on their invoice as such.

A proper coating application will take the better part of 2 days, some coatings require a "cure" time, some with heat lamps. This can be difficult logistic wise with a mobile set up.

In my shop I notice people call us looking for a coating and they ask for coatings by name. This tells me people are reading and researching internet posts and articles and the coatings that have a good marketing program are the ones people call for. I no longer do hand washes alone, no longer really do just interior detailing but push more for paint correctioin and coatings.

Nothing sells your product like being informed about it and the customer senses YOU believe in it. Do your research, know what people will pay and set yourself up as a legal full on business and not a driveway detailer.

Good luck,
    Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony! If you are applying CeramicPro, does that mean you are no longer applying OptiCoat??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Anthony! If you are applying CeramicPro, does that mean you are no longer applying OptiCoat??
    You would be correct. I still use many of the Optimum products but no longer the coatings.
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony O. View Post
    You would be correct. I still use many of the Optimum products but no longer the coatings.
    Wow, the conceptual father of Opti-Coat no longer using Optimum coatings...holy cow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information