Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help Cleaning Dirty Microfiber Wash Media After using ONR

I dont use ONR and use a bunch of other rinseless washes. I usually will rinse and wring them in regular water. Then I soak then in a bucket full of hot water and oxiclean powder (I pour some hot water and oxiclean, mix it up so its fully dissolved.) I will let it soak 8 to 24 hours and then rinse and wash them and then put them in a commercial washer 😁.

I don`t washer in my home washer anymore because I hate cleaning the washer after to ensure no chemicals remain.

Post Thanks / Like

The Persil works a lot better on my household MFs than it does on my Detailing ones, but when it does work it`s a great savings over a MF Detergent.

If I were to soak them in OPC and use OxiClean like Lonnie I bet it`d work a lot better on the Detailing ones.

When I use vinegar in the rinse I usually have to do another rinse to get it all out (as per sniff-test).

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of laundry detergents; what ever happen to Charlie`s Liquid Laundry Soaps??
    That was one of the "flavors of the month" in this forum some time back (10 years?) as a soap cleaner for microfibers. The problem was that it worked so good, IF you did not follow the initial use instructions to wash a load of throw-away rags or towels, your microfibers would become "dirtied" by the loosened wash tub gunk that is pictured in some of these photos posted in this thread.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped using Charlie’s because it didn’t get my clothes, let alone my MFs,particularly clean. I now use Tide exclusively which does the job for me.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I find my mf, even the nastiest ones, come clean since switching from all free and clear to a dedicated mf detergent. I’ve used poor boys and now 3D towel kleen and they all come clean. I have a front loading HE washer for reference. I do the hottest water setting and an extra rinse, dry on low in the dryer. It works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    I find my mf, even the nastiest ones, come clean since switching from all free and clear to a dedicated mf detergent. I’ve used poor boys and now 3D towel kleen and they all come clean. I have a front loading HE washer for reference. I do the hottest water setting and an extra rinse, dry on low in the dryer. It works for me.
    I find the 3d towel Kleen foams a lot in my HE front loader. Maybe I`m using too much, but last time I used it my HE started throwing "too much foam error codes" and stopped running.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I stopped using Charlie’s because it didn’t get my clothes, let alone my MFs,particularly clean..
    Same here, that was one lousy detergent IME, but with all the variables I do understand that it can work OK for others.

Post Thanks / Like

Help Cleaning Dirty Microfiber Wash Media After using ONR

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    I find the 3d towel Kleen foams a lot in my HE front loader. Maybe I`m using too much, but last time I used it my HE started throwing "too much foam error codes" and stopped running.

My first time using it I had about 15 16x16 towels and put in 2 ounces of soap. The directions say don’t use more than 2 ounces in a load and I had a lot of sudsing and had to do multiple rinses. I backed it down to one ounce and I don’t have the sudsing problem anymore and the towels come clean as well as rinse clean. The only time I’ve used 2 ounces of towel kleen after the first time was when I had almost 50 towels in one load. That time no sudsing either. Ymmv of course

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, I suspect most people use excess detergent most of the time. I was surprised how little it really takes to get stuff clean, even Detailing stuff (as long as you pretreat anything nasty).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    My first time using it I had about 15 16x16 towels and put in 2 ounces of soap. The directions say don’t use more than 2 ounces in a load and I had a lot of sudsing and had to do multiple rinses. I backed it down to one ounce and I don’t have the sudsing problem anymore and the towels come clean as well as rinse clean. The only time I’ve used 2 ounces of towel kleen after the first time was when I had almost 50 towels in one load. That time no sudsing either. Ymmv of course
    I imagine I went too crazy on the amount.
    Definitely user error on my part. I`ll try again with just 1oz and see how it does because i do agree it does work well after the sudsing and I still have a full jug of it.

Accumulator- I have cut down on my use but I was guilty of using too much as well. Hence the extreme sudsing in my machine lol

Likes PearTree liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, well...I`ve causes some mighty, uhm...interesting...sudsing myself

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if some Dawn dish soap in the wash would loosen some of the grime from ONR microfibers. IMO, ONR leave some type of a residue on the surface. Personally, I find the Duragloss No Rinse car wash to be a superior product.

Boiling water is 212 degrees F. If that doesn`t melt a towel, I can`t see how a washer at 130 or even 150 degrees could damage the fibers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I wonder if some Dawn dish soap in the wash would loosen some of the grime from ONR microfibers...
    IME Dawn doesn`t get such stuff out of MFs any better than it strips wax off cars. The old Power Dissolver isn`t bad but I gather it`s off the market.

Boiling water is 212 degrees F. If that doesn`t melt a towel, I can`t see how a washer at 130 or even 150 degrees could damage the fibers.
    That`s what I`ve always figured! Some of my MFs come with instructions to "boil before use" (no, I never did that) and MFs used on the head of a steamer sure get exposed to heat, but....though I can`t explain it, when somebody here whom I consider credible says that Sanitary Cycle or the Dryer damaged his MFs...eh, I`ll at least add a "but OTOH.." type disclaimer from now on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information