Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for the longest lasting sealant. Not necessarily the best looking...but the longest lasting with easy application

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I use OCW on my wife`s car. I use FK1000P on my vehicles because it lasts so much longer and protects the paint infinitely better. Regulars here know that I`m just all about the FK1000P It`s a paste, so not as user-friendly as a spray, but IMO it`s simply All That when it comes to a functional LSP.
    Hey Accum, do you apply FK1000P by hand or machine? By machine is easier to apply but seems more difficult to buff off and if I miss a spot buffing and it sits over night or God forbid in the sun, it is a pain to remove. I don`t notice this when applied by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for the longest lasting sealant. Not necessarily the best looking...but the longest lasting with easy application

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Hey Accum, do you apply FK1000P by hand or machine? By machine is easier to apply but seems more difficult to buff off and if I miss a spot buffing and it sits over night or God forbid in the sun, it is a pain to remove. I don`t notice this when applied by hand.
    Even though I`ve been a *big* fan of waxing by machine (Collinites, M16, and others), I`ve always done FK1000P by hand. Pretty much always do sealants by hand, if only because I wasted *SO* much KSG doing that by machine..wasted enough to have done a whole `nother coat.

No matter what I do, by machine I end up using/wasting/applying more product. Every time. (Note that I`m kinda fanatical about using the least product necessary.)

Heh heh, if you miss a spot with M16 you`ll remember it for a while! I wouldn`t have expected that with the FK since I`ve let it set up for hours before buffing it off with no issues. Hmm...I`m a little surprised you found it a PIA but maybe it was indeed from having excess product on there.

I guess I work harder when applying it (focusing on that thin application; eh, it`s not *really* that hard for me) and then *don`t* have to work very hard to buff it off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information