View Poll Results: How do you dry most of your cars.

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use a towel or towel substitute.

24 42.86%
  • I use compressed air. ( from tool type air compressor )

2 3.57%
  • I use a leaf blower.

10 17.86%
  • I use a special blower ( example: Air Force Master blaster ).

7 12.50%
  • I use a combination of the above.

25 44.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you Dry your car ?

i tried using my toro leaf blower and my Echo leaf blower. Echo did a very good job. The toro one seems to have thrown some kind of white spots that i have had to polish to take out. so i have nightmares of air sand blasting the pant so i went back to different waffle weave towers, plus towels etc.. aqua wax while i dry and sometimes Megs express wax.

Cheers

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

titsataki- Why not just keep using the Echo?

FWIW, I`ve been using a leafblower (with AirWand) for years with zero issues. Maybe the Toro lacks a decent intake filter or something...

Post Thanks / Like

the Echo was a beast to maneuver.
    also i did use it for leafe blowing in my previous house but having sold that house and not really blowing 3 acres of leaves I have sold it.
    yes I am sure you are correct the Toro has something in the fan or missing something but i did it once and saw all these white specs that would not come out whiteout machine buffing so I became gun shy
    when temps go up i may try to test it and see what i can deduce.

Post Thanks / Like

A leaf blower is only going to blow out what is in the air around the car, maybe some pollen or dust. After it blows all the water off the car there should be nothing left except a little dust or pollen. Maybe I’m missing something here. I’ve used both a battery and a gas powered leaf blower and never saw anything left behind. If you are blow drying your car in a sand storm you have more problems than just sand blasting your paint. Color me confused.

Post Thanks / Like

titsataki- Ah, OK, and I understand your now being gunshy about using the Toro any more.

rlmccarty2000- Guess his Toro somehow ingested some contamination that it subequently spewed out. That might be tricky to clear out, sometimes once something gets full of [crap] it`s kinda forever.

This reinforces my opinion that blowers used on the vehicles shouldn`t be used for anything else (I`m assuming the area where the Detailing is done is nice and clean).

Post Thanks / Like

Yes,never use a blower that is going to be used on a car for anything else. I’m too paranoid to “cheat” on this practice.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

ok that I buy.. not to use the car blower for anything other than car drying..

right now the blower for drying is a nono with the one i have
    later spring/summer i may get something car dedicated.

Also i did use the air wand and i have had no issues just is a bit of a pain to pull the air hose out and back in not that is cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Yes,never use a blower that is going to be used on a car for anything else. I’m too paranoid to “cheat” on this practice.
    I see the point but in reality what comes out of even a dirty leaf blower has nothing on the crap that gets thrown on a car while driving. That said my corded leaf blower sees 10x the action on cars vs actual leaves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I see the point but in reality what comes out of even a dirty leaf blower has nothing on the crap that gets thrown on a car while driving.
    That may be true where you live but not here.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Master Blaster Revolution. Love the 30’ hose. Could call it done but usually go over it with Feynlab QD and gold plush jrs

Post Thanks / Like

I may be crazy but I agree with Accumulator. Dedicated blower. I have a dedicated gas backpack leaf blower that I bought new to use for drying cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I see the point but in reality what comes out of even a dirty leaf blower has nothing on the crap that gets thrown on a car while driving.
    I`ve never experience that either, well...other than stonechips/etc. The often-discussed "stuff that hits the paint every day" simply doesn`t seem to happen to my vehicles; once polished to perfection, they simply stay that way indefinitely rather than incrementally degrading from "all the stuff that happens to every car". Not arguing, just sayin`...and I`m sure that there are a scad of variables. Somebody living in a windy desert area will have a whole `nother experience!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBuick
    I may be crazy but I agree with Accumulator.
    Heh heh heh...maybe not so crazy, at least IMO

Now...everybody with a dedicated blower: stick an AirWand on that thing! Sorry, couldn`t resist

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a leaf blower (toro f700). Does a good job but doesn’t get it all. It blows! (140mph 725 cfm’s) just doesn’t get all the water. Maybe it’s the big round opening? All good follow up with homemade elixir and a couple of PFM’s and she sure is purdy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

i think we need a way to attach a much smaller outlet to the blower to focus the stream of air.
    I looked the same Toro but I think the design is focused on blowing leaves and very wide opening.

I also used an air wand in my compressor but it is a bit of a pain to wind and retract the air hose.

I have looked at the dedicated tools like
    McKee’s 37 Turbo Car Dryer seems to be $200
    Metro MasterBlaster for $450

I am just a weekend warrior for personal cars I cannot really justify the prices

Regards

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by titsataki View Post
    Also i did use the air wand and i have had no issues just is a bit of a pain to pull the air hose out and back in not that is cold.
    You have an AirWand? Gee, I didn`t think anybody else tried it.

What were you doing, removing/reattaching it from the blower each time?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information