Post Thanks / Like

Application Temperature

I plan to apply my Polish Angel products on my 18 Audi a5 next week. It will be in the high 50`s with some rain, humidity 80%. I will be doing this in the garage. Will the weather be a factor? And do I need to wait for a warmer 3 days?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Application Temperature

I would say you’ll probably need to let it cure longer than the directions say.
    Likes Old Pirate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The PA products were developed for colder climates so you should not have any problems. Humidity can cause wipe off/stickiness problems for some products but you should be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks y`all
    Z

Post Thanks / Like

Here are two tips on making your garage warmer IF it is unheated and unattached from a house:
    1) Let the vehicle sit outside in the sun and warm up the paint. This may be a "problem" if it is a windy day, as outside debris (fall leaves and grass or bugs) from the wind can raise havoc a clean car and will reduce the radiant heating effect on the paint.
    It is best if you can work on the vehicle in the warmest part of the day (mid-afternoon in the winter).
    2) Let the car heat up idling in the driveway with the heater and fan turned on to HIGH for about 10-15 minutes, then drive it into said garage. The radiant heat from the engine alone may raise the temperature in the garage by 10°F, depending on the size of the garage and the size of the engine. Yes, it is a waste of "fossil-bio fuels" and contributes to "global warming".

I would still have a thermometer in the garage placed about a foot from the floor. Why so far down? Warm air rises and the coldest part of your garage is at the floor. If it is too cold near the floor level (IE below the 50°F) you may have some drying/curing problems with the coating on the lower rocker panels on the vehicle in the garage.

Tip number 3) Use a hair dryer to heat up a cool panel. Desperate times require desperate measures.
    GB detailer

Thread Information