Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another Double Sided tape Inquiry

For the wiki, in my current research on rubber wheels. These products have expiration dates...

Post Thanks / Like

I could see that. The 3M wheel is like that crepe rubber material. I could see it drying out over time and crumbling easier. I keep mine in a drawer when not in use so maybe that is making it last.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Gee, deja vu all over again! I could swear we had this exact same thread not too long ago Gee, must just be me, but still....kinda freaky.
    Well, I`m glad you guys did it all over again because I guess I missed the first time. I am fortunate that I usually am able to take the wheels off the car and bring them for tires, so I have time to remove weights...but for some reason last time I had to do this, even though I know about orangewood sticks and carefully removing things, and SHOULD have thought about soaking things with adhesive remover and that there would be specific tools for removing stick-on weights (or at least known to search for them, especially since I have a clip-on weight wrench/tool), I had a brain fart, went in there with a screwdriver or something, scraped the wheel, etc.

Thanks for all the tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Setec Astronomy- Heh heh, this is a great example of why it`s good to resurrect old posts and rehash stuff we`ve "settled" in the past.

About the wheels you marred up, I could almost forgive myself easier than the "Pros" (scare-quotes intentional) who gouged up the Tahoe wheel *AFTER* I had confirmed that they`d do it properly, and I mean in great, explicit, step0by-step detail. They just told me what I wanted to hear and pried `em off with a (sharp) screwdriver and literally just shrugged when I complained. Michelin store....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    ... I had a brain fart, went in there with a screwdriver or something, scraped the wheel, etc. ...
    That`ll happen. At least it`s usually not a highly visible location.

You can get away with a screwdriver if you use the "bottle opener" trick (like using any non bottle opener to open a bottle) - Place the tip of the screwdriver under the weight, then lever off your finger to lift the tip vs just driving it under the weight. Hopefully that`s a coherent enough description to make sense...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    That`ll happen. At least it`s usually not a highly visible location.

You can get away with a screwdriver if you use the "bottle opener" trick (like using any non bottle opener to open a bottle) - Place the tip of the screwdriver under the weight, then lever off your finger to lift the tip vs just driving it under the weight. Hopefully that`s a coherent enough description to make sense...
    I have two tools in my Amazon cart, the "bone" one you mentioned and another one--so I`m good.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The bone you speak off....I call those Banjo tools. Or at least that`s my preferred brand of plastic pry tools.

If anyone want`s to talk OT alignment , I`ll start a new thread. Say yay or nay ?

Post Thanks / Like

I spend many more hours repairing cars than I ever get to spend actually cleaning any, so if you wanna talk alignments I’m happy to discuss.

Post Thanks / Like

OHL . New thread coming up
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information