Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barn roof aluminum paint overspray removal help

Wow, great bio story. I also used to wax my parent`s cars well before I could drive...well, maybe it was just my mother`s...I think I was inspired by my older brother doing his car.

TDekany...he hasn`t been around on here for a couple of years. Once in a while he pops in on one of these forums.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Wow, great bio story. I also used to wax my parent`s cars well before I could drive...well, maybe it was just my mother`s...I think I was inspired by my older brother doing his car.

TDekany...he hasn`t been around on here for a couple of years. Once in a while he pops in on one of these forums.
    It seems like a natural progression for most of us. Although, some autopians were waxing their bicycles. I never did that, just washed it once in a while.

I just started visiting the forums again. Life gets too busy at times. But I enjoy reading about new products, technology, etc.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work! The truck looks great. And go from the aluminum flakes troubles to a finicky paint. The results speaks for them self.

I`m looking at getting a rotary polisher. Don`t do that much of polishing. But have injuries that makes me sensitive to vibrations. So think that going rotary is more gentle with vibrations. Than the 21mm longthrow polisher I have now. Great to see a finicky paint with great results from a rotary polisher is awesome. Looking at the new Rupes LH19E rotary polisher and Festool. Will see what Black Friday has to offer this year.

/Tony
    Likes audicoupej liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

John:
    Not sure how or what is in Dr. Pepper that enhances the shine of a vehicle, but if it is a "trade secret ingredient" to your process, we`d like to know!!
    GB detailer
    Thanks audicoupej thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome work! The truck looks great. And go from the aluminum flakes troubles to a finicky paint. The results speaks for them self.

I`m looking at getting a rotary polisher. Don`t do that much of polishing. But have injuries that makes me sensitive to vibrations. So think that going rotary is more gentle with vibrations. Than the 21mm longthrow polisher I have now. Great to see a finicky paint with great results from a rotary polisher is awesome. Looking at the new Rupes LH19E rotary polisher and Festool. Will see what Black Friday has to offer this year.

/Tony
    I like the rotary. It runs smoother for me. Once you get the hang of it, it`s nice on wide vehicles on the roof or hood to reach out one handed and run it. That takes some practice but it makes working on those type of vehicles much easier. I also like having feeling in my hands after spending hours polishing compared to using the DA. I also think it`s easier to use in intricate areas. I can use the extensions and small pads and slow speeds to get into areas that would be hard to use a DA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    John:
    Not sure how or what is in Dr. Pepper that enhances the shine of a vehicle, but if it is a "trade secret ingredient" to your process, we`d like to know!!
    Lonnie, The secret is you drink the Dr. Pepper while detailing. Although, I drank my last one for a while. Winter is coming and I started dieting so It`s back to just water, lol. The details are going to suffer.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information