Post Thanks / Like

Re: Okay... Longest lasting sealant....

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Someone needs to reformulate fk1000p exactly the same but in a paste
    In a liquid, I assume?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoweredByJenga View Post
    Fusso by Soft99. Its fk100p on steroids and being fully synthetic PTFE its also cheap. Looks wise the fk1000p is slightly better but fusso is a king of protection and water beading. PTFE has one if the highest water angles available. I have had a single coat of it, on left fender for about 9m now and recently i though it was gone but that was just the road film on top of it. After wash it came back. Car is in the garage at nigh but otherwise gets driven daily short distances. The only thing to watch for it is the need for super thin application, with paste wax you can put a thicker coat by mistake and it will come off, not with fusso. An uneven layers will show up on dark cars (not on white). After 2-3 of car washers things settle down. Not sure how easy it is to get in USA.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
    Sounds like it would be difficult to apply on white without a halogen spotlight

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not really, being a polymer based it will level off quickly on dark cars after few washes. After you develop the technique of applying it via ufo foam applicator (ebays one are single use throw away type of thing) and putting super thin layer via slightly moist applicator will solve it. By the 3rd time applying it you will be skilled enough (just do panel by panel and check it in daylight). On white car you don`t notice any streaks. They also make a version of it for white cars. Crazy Japanese bunch of pple. Lots of different and odd ball products that mostly work great.

Likes WuNgUn, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the problem with the white is I can`t see it on the car! Not unless I get level and try to get a reflection.... Lol
    Same with taking it off... I just basically wipe all over with the MF. Which I hate doing too much!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

PoweredByJenga- Given how long I get out of the FK I bet the Fusso would last me for *years* per application, but there`s no way I`d deal with either the chance of an application going sideways or any "by the third time.." learning curve., especially on the colors I have now.

I did look into the Soft99 lineup once, debating a switch to it, but these days I simply wouldn`t trust myself to get the application 100% right first time/every time. IF somebody credible (like...You for instance ) says it`s all that, I won`t argue. And I know that some here even *enjoy* the "master a product" thing. Hope more people try/like/post about the Fusso..and I wonder whether it`d be something I`d like on wheels/etc. IF I could do OK with the application

Does it do OK over underlying products? Does it clean off easily enough with a solvent (for repainting)?

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Someone needs to reformulate fk1000p exactly the same but in a [???LIQUID??]
    Assuming my correction is right...they used to have a similar Liquid but one of the crucial ingredients became unavailable and that was that. I can *almost* remember the name of the stuff...another one of Floyd`s "partnumber names" that didn`t lodge in my memory IIRC it had a "1000" as part of it, but I forget the alpha part.
    Likes DetailZeus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, how true about products that you will have for years. I look at both of my giant tins of fk425 and fusso and often think that my 2 year old one day will use it. Lol

Fk425 is more forgiving in terms of being applied over another product. I have tried megs quick wax over fusso and it does stick however it masks it a bit so i prefer fussos water behaviour. Soft 99 does have another product that you can put over fusso, its called King of Gloss. I have not tried it as that would give me another product with 20 years to use.

Not sure about removing it using a solvent, it should work. The product itself smells of strong solvent, definitely not a delicate and fragrant natural wax here.

There is a youtuber out in central florida, i think accord79 that someone down here sent a white car version of fusso for quick hands on review. Will dig out a link for anyone interested.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

::::: Soft 99 does have another product that you can put over fusso, its called King of Gloss. I have not tried it as that would give me another product with 20 years to use.
    King Of Gloss is strong on its own. On a test I did, it lasted about the same as WGDGPS. The KOG at first had the best hydrophobic behavior I’d ever seen, but a few weeks in, it leveled off and the two products behaved similarly. I think KOG would have great self-cleaning properties. It would shed water so fast it was hard to get beads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    In a liquid, I assume?
    Whoops yeah I meant creme, a la powerlock

Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts on GG` Liquid Poly Gloss Wax?

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/liqu...l#.W8DID4pMGfA

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, how true about products that you will have for years. I look at both of my giant tins of fk425 and fusso and often think that my 2 year old one day will use it. Lol

Fk425 is more forgiving in terms of being applied over another product...
    You meant to type "FK1000P, right? Their High Temp Paste Wax as opposed to FK425, their anti-static QD? Just checking..

I dunno...I`m working at not being too stuck in my ways, but since the *only* thing I`d change about Fk1000P would be making it so durable I didn`t have to apply it annually (which is as simple as breathing to me..). If the Fusso needs topped for any reason, or messes with fillers in underlying products, or requires *any* skill/effort to use, I can`t see a reason to try it. What might I be missing?

I`d thought about using it on wheels since I`d need to buy a new coating anyhow, but I`d sure be [ticked] off if it didn`t last a lot longer than a year. Redoing them annually when I switch to winter/summer setups isn`t all *that* much work since the stuff I`m using is so easy. Again, what might I be missing?

Heh heh, I feel like I`m asking somebody to talk me into the Fusso! But [darn] it I want to be open-minded about this

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/sona...l#.W8EQyHupH3g

I corrected a badly scratched Jet Black BMW 5series for the owner of EastSide Bavarian once; put 1 layer of Sonax Polymer NetShield on it, he parked it out front and left it there for over a year and the paint still looked great, beading like crazy; the almost constant rain kept it cleaner too..
    Handled almost constant rain, snow, and more rain with a few sunny days mixed in..

Like has been said, this product applied with a foam pad wants to be "grabby" when applied, but just carefully wipe it off, and you will know where it is as you move to the next spot..
    It does not act weird, leave streaks, etc., for me..
    Have used it on many vehicles and they all looked great and were protected for about the same time..

Of course, it you want to run it through the severe enough soap that requires the car wash guy who adds soap to the tank, to Hazmat suit up, then your mileage may differ..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WuNgUn View Post
    Yeah, the problem with the white is I can`t see it on the car!
    Heh heh, I can hardly *ever* see my LSP on the car; if I do I figure I used *way* too much. I go by feel and methodical application/buffing.

Post Thanks / Like

For me the longest beading is Zaino. It continues to head past the six month mark. Trouble is, that is all it does.

The longest lasting protection on a car parked outside for me is 845IW.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry typo.. Spot on fk1000p I was using fk425 the other day and the name stuck in my head. Lol

If you are going to try some soft99 products, matbe give King of Gloss a go, you will get about 1/2 of longevity of fusso. So it could be used as a winter coat and Fk1000p as a summer one.

Fusso is quite popular in Uk as a winter wax (synthetic) as it visibly gives feedback that something is on the paint. I have a left fender on my car covered with it to see how it goes.

Fk1000p is on the roof and boot.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry typo.. Spot on fk1000p I was using fk425 the other day and the name stuck in my head. Lol
    With it`s cool color and scent I can sure understand that! I`d probably miss having it around if I ever do use it up.

If you are going to try some soft99 products, matbe give King of Gloss a go, you will get about 1/2 of longevity of fusso. So it could be used as a winter coat and Fk1000p as a summer one.
    Heh heh, nah....I`m trying to avoid having to redo anything annually, much less seasonally

The FK *easily* lasts through a winter, and then some, even when it`s not remotely fresh..I know, that`s probably better performance than others get, but I`m happy to just count my blessings. I think back to when I was getting less than a year with Collinite and I`m not going back to that. Once I got enough layers of KSG built up to go longer than a year I was spoiled and the FK does that without all the layering. I had to redo the M16 on my wife`s car maybe twice annually (and it didn`t protect as well as the FK anyhow) so I simply quit using it and switched it to OCW (as a Drying Aid). These days I`m setting the "is it worth doing in the functional sense?" bar awfully high.

Heh heh, I`m still debating whether coating my wheels is worth the hassle compared to just FKing them every now and then...but *maybe* the Fusso would hold up better during the last few months before seasonal changeover while not being any tougher to use (though it sounds like it is).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information