Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Okay... Longest lasting sealant....

Accumulator how long do the fk1000p last for you till you reapply it?
    And do you strip the old coat of it off before applying it again?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Accumulator how long do the fk1000p last for you till you reapply it?
    If I don`t get at least a year I`m disappointed, and/but I usually reapply, at least to "wear areas" long before it`s necessary just to stay ahead of the curve. IIRC, got longer than a year last time with zero reapplications of any kind. Yeah, I use a Drying Aid that`ll contribute something, but no I`m not mistaking what it contributes for FK1000P longevity (figured I`d better mention that just in case somebody thinks I`m clueless ).

BUT...I get the feeling others won`t get nearly that long, so please don`t expect it to last that long for you. I don`t drive as much as I used to, our vehicles are all pretty pampered these days, and my wash regimen being so gentle might factor it (although the FK`ed stuff can get awfully dirty between washes, requiring many passes with gallons of pretty-strong shampoo mix.

So how was that for a non-answer?!? Sorry, see if this helps... I used to get about 14 months out of KSG X 6, which was a lot longer than I got with Collinite 476S. Switching to the FK lasted as long with far fewer applications. Both approaches utterly surpassed any of my Collinite experiences and that had been my Most Durable. Maybe that`s a bit more of a useful answer? Sorry to hedge but there are a lot of variables and with so little use, and virtually zero time outside, my experiences since switching to it might be way outside of the norm.

The FK1000P doesn`t really last from winter to winter on my wheels, but nothing short of a coating ever has. It does last well enough that redoing never takes more than a quick pass with KAIO for prep.

And do you strip the old coat of it off before applying it again?
    NO!! I did finally clay the Tahoe this year, after [I dunno, I`d have to study my Detailing Log, but it`s been years], and there was so little contamination that I could`ve skipped that. BUT, note that I do always spot-clay the trouble areas during the wash if they appear to need it and I`ll sometimes reapply the FK to those areas afterwards.

But it "dies cleanly" so I find no need to "clean away the dead LSP", and it releases contamination so well that there`s no "gradual buildup of [crap] that needs to be dealt with" or anything like that. Yeah, I know, not doing Proper Prep is Autopian Heresy, but it works fine for me and I`m awfully particular.

If you try it, and it *doesn`t* last longer than anything else you`ve ever used, I sure want to hear about it, if only to apologize for steering you wrong. It`s no coating, but I *still* can`t get over how well it works for me. Hey, just not worrying about etching between washes still feels like a gift from above.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

If you try it, and it *doesn`t* last longer than anything else you`ve ever used, I sure want to hear about it, if only to apologize for steering you wrong. It`s no coating, but I *still* can`t get over how well it works for me. Hey, just not worrying about etching between washes still feels like a gift from above.
    I`d like to hear about that, too.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I never was impressed by the look of Duragloss 111. IMO, AW is a must over it.

Any Collinite washed with Duragloss rinseless wash should last practically forever.

I once tried Z2 on the hood of my old work van. The rest of the paint on the vehicle degraded over time but the hood never faded or got chalky. I never washed the vehicle so my results were probably atypical.

Post Thanks / Like

wannafbody- IME if you think Collinite lasts a long time you wouldn`t believe how long FK1000P lasts! Although one person here did find that for him the Collinite lasted *longer*, which really surprised me given my experiences with it. That !YMMV! again...just never know until you try for yourself.
    Likes Astouffer512 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, i have been away from this forum fir a while but i see that things have not changed... You are still flogging FK1000P to unconverted lol.

The converted..

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 105, 111 or 501 all around $12 great looks, durability and beading can’t go wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoweredByJenga View Post
    Accumulator, i have been away from this forum fir a while but i see that things have not changed... You are still flogging FK1000P to unconverted lol.

The converted..
    Good to see you posting again

Yeah, the FK1000P is still working so well for me that I haven`t changed my tune. The more posts I see about "what durability to expect with [certain Coatings] " the more I like the FK.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you posting again

Yeah, the FK1000P is still working so well for me that I haven`t changed my tune. The more posts I see about "what durability to expect with [certain Coatings] " the more I like the FK.
    I was leaning your way for a while Accumulator but now that I`ve gone rogue with M37 it`s a no brainier for me. It`s less effort to apply than a good sealant, especially FK, and it really keeps the car super clean. The only concern for me is it dries out faster than I can use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- Could you please give me the Cliff`s Notes version on M37? What it is, how long it lasts, etc. etc. I just don`t know anything about it

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- Could you please give me the Cliff`s Notes version on M37? What it is, how long it lasts, etc. etc. I just don`t know anything about it
    Its McKee`s Coating, if you`ve ever used Optiseal, it applies just like it. My longest test vehicle is not quite 1 year, but its holding on strong after being outside 24x7. Minimal to no prep required, Easier to apply than a paint sealant IMO. Looks very glassy, sheds dirt like nothing else I`ve used. Only thing it doesn`t do is fill swirls!

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 915 Marque D-elegance - Easy to use and a can will last a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- Ah, OK...thanks for explaining. I *did* figure out it was some kind of McKee`s product..about an hour after I logged off here.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m surprised no one posted this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fznghWNhPzA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information