Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Okay... Longest lasting sealant....

DesertNate-Ah, OK, thanks for explaining. I suspect we reLSP at different points, and/but I never got that long out of those on dailies. Eh, different people/paints/circumstances, huh?

And yeah..that KSG layering that I find essential takes a lot of time/etc. Huge PIA having the vehicle off the road for so long so I wanted it to last an awfully long time.

oh, and I never did notice any improvements in looks with more than 4 coats of KSG, my additional ones were just for durability too.

Post Thanks / Like

While not a sealant but a "coating lite" Gyeon CanCoat. Simple to apply and will get you thru the winter
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bearing in mind that we have winters here only because the climatologists couldn`t think of anything else to call December and January, my go to is a couple coats of DG 105 followed by a coat of DG 111. This gets me by for nearly a year, especially if I do a quick spray of Aquawax every 3 weeks or so. I sometimes also use 845 in place of 111. Inexpensive and available at or from my local NAPA. Like Mike P. advised, I found a product I like and use it often.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamabob View Post
    While not a sealant but a "coating lite" Gyeon CanCoat. Simple to apply and will get you thru the winter
    I second this. CanCoat will easily last 6 months.
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Dislikes Oneheadlite disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    Bearing in mind that we have winters here only because the climatologists couldn`t think of anything else to call December and January, my go to is a couple coats of DG 105 followed by a coat of DG 111. This gets me by for nearly a year, especially if I do a quick spray of Aquawax every 3 weeks or so. I sometimes also use 845 in place of 111. Inexpensive and available at or from my local NAPA. Like Mike P. advised, I found a product I like and use it often.

duragloss 501 or 105 followed by 111 think about it i use mineral spirits to get it out of the buffer pad I use gotta last long

Post Thanks / Like

Fast Finish for me... ease of use and less dust attraction wins over any longevity. But... been testing FK1000 topped with FF. Could be new new favourite. Get both regardless, best bang for buck sealants on the market IMO

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had good success with Wolfgang. I wait for a day or two then top it with 845. The combination has served me well for the last few years.
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    .. Like Mike P. advised, I found a product I like and use it often.
    Slightly different approach here, I find something I don`t mind and I use it as often as necessary....and that isn`t often or I`ll switch to something else. Sorry, couldn`t resist

E-Jag- But seriously, I`m glad you`re able to go a year between redos, that`s not bad for our area. Even I could almost live with that.

Post Thanks / Like

So.... I wasn`t watching the thread... But I went out and got some Megs ultimate liquid wax... Which of course, isn`t a wax at all...
    Prepped with some Groits Paint prep after wash.
    The Megs is super easy to use and remove...really good when you have a white car! Removal was super easy...
    We`ll see about durability. Gonna try to get another layer down before the end of the week.
    Likes MattPersman, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WuNgUn View Post
    So.... I wasn`t watching the thread... But I went out and got some Megs ultimate liquid wax... Which of course, isn`t a wax at all...
    Prepped with some Groits Paint prep after wash.
    The Megs is super easy to use and remove...really good when you have a white car! Removal was super easy...
    We`ll see about durability. Gonna try to get another layer down before the end of the week.
    UW is a nice sealant. It was tweaked about a year ago to be more durable and longer lasting.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes WuNgUn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Best is based more on individual results with their respective environments and after care

PNS, UFF, DG111 all good sealants from my experience

PNS starts with the strongest beading but levels out to where the others are after a little bit. The downside it is more finicky to work with IMO than UFF

DG111 is an apply and remove after it hazes. Dg105 is not bad either it just doesn’t last as long for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes WuNgUn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    UW is a nice sealant. It was tweaked about a year ago to be more durable and longer lasting.
    Actually I`m pretty impressed with the reflectivity... Easily noticeable on non-metallic white paint. Especially with just a single coat and no topper.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Duragloss 105. I tried Collinite next to it and the Duragloss won... on my car anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Someone needs to reformulate fk1000p exactly the same but in a paste

Post Thanks / Like

Fusso by Soft99. Its fk100p on steroids and being fully synthetic PTFE its also cheap. Looks wise the fk1000p is slightly better but fusso is a king of protection and water beading. PTFE has one if the highest water angles available. I have had a single coat of it, on left fender for about 9m now and recently i though it was gone but that was just the road film on top of it. After wash it came back. Car is in the garage at nigh but otherwise gets driven daily short distances. The only thing to watch for it is the need for super thin application, with paste wax you can put a thicker coat by mistake and it will come off, not with fusso. An uneven layers will show up on dark cars (not on white). After 2-3 of car washers things settle down. Not sure how easy it is to get in USA.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information