Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel High Gloss Questions

I’m an old time Zaino user coming back to Autopia after being away for years to see what’s new and exciting. I see nice things said about Polish Angel High Gloss (PAHG), and it appears to be just what I’m looking for. However, I don’t seem to be finding a lot of specific detail information and I have a few questions:

Does PAHG have a temperature factor for application, i.e., can’t be applied under 45°F or is anything above freezing is OK?

Is there a benefit to multiple coats – greater shine or long protection? If applying multiple coats is there a wait time between coats (12 hr, 24 hr, etc.)?

It appears that PAHG is a polymer. I seem to remember from the old days that water and polymers did not play well together, and polymers would not bond in the presence of water. The website recommends PAHG as a drying agent. What’s new or what don’t I understand here?

I have had good long term success using Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine (mixed with water) as both my clay bar lube and my bug remover mixture. Any reason to switch away from this with PAHG on the car? And lastly, any tips, practices or techniques you should use with PAHG, or tips, practices or techniques you should avoid using with PAHG?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel High Gloss Questions

I`ve become a fan of HG. Problem for me is that was a little difficult to use as per instructions of either spritzing the applicator or the panel. For me it left a residual that took effort to buff off with mf. I tried using the long throw DA and spritzing a soft pad and slow speed. For me it works great. I like the gloss results.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks Mary B, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think you may be using too much product because I don’t have any residual to buff off past a few swipes.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    I`ve become a fan of HG. Problem for me is that was a little difficult to use as per instructions of either spritzing the applicator or the panel. For me it left a residual that took effort to buff off with mf. I tried using the long throw DA and spritzing a soft pad and slow speed. For me it works great. I like the gloss results.
    Likes Chopper280, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    How long are you letting HG sit before removal? Buffing is easy for me. Spray on, spread out, buff off. I did have terrible problems with PA Duster, but they have changed the formula.

Post Thanks / Like

PAHG is Ti02 7 Si02
    if you want some with wax in it hit the cosmic or Viking spritz
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

For temperature, I saw someone recommend 55 degrees or higher. This was only a member suggestion.

i believe that layering a few times adds more shine, that’s subjective though but I’ve confirmed it doesn’t hurt. Wait 24 hours inbetween. I might recommend just doing it every few weeks like you would a spray wax.

HG does have some polymers I think, but it’s 80% TiO2 and 10% or 5% SiO2. These seem to be fine for water, but I typically apply dry to conserve the amount of this costly product that is used.

Using ONR may change (negatively) the look, but that will be short term. I prefer a glossless WW or RW such as Mckees N-914. You are paying top dollar for one of the glossiest looks, so keeping that look may be your desire, and N-914 will do do that.
    Likes VitreousHumor, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used PA HG once in 40-45 degree F weather. It went on fine but it seemed to almost leave a bit of `texture` to the surface although it coulda been just accentuating the texture/orange peel in the paint itself.

I always have good luck with the PA Spritzes just a mist or 2 in something like a 400 or so GSM towel, apply to a panel, flip towel and buff off. The only time I`ve ever had any issues is when too heavy handed with the product, using too much.
    Likes VitreousHumor, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I used PA HG once in 40-45 degree F weather. It went on fine but it seemed to almost leave a bit of `texture` to the surface although it coulda been just accentuating the texture/orange peel in the paint itself.

I always have good luck with the PA Spritzes just a mist or 2 in something like a 400 or so GSM towel, apply to a panel, flip towel and buff off. The only time I`ve ever had any issues is when too heavy handed with the product, using too much.
    This is how I apply my PA spray products as well. 1 spray onto a Edgeless 400 GSM towel and apply to panel, then buff off once its work in with a seperate towel. Usually there isnt even much to buff off with this approach. Never any issues with this approach. I agree though if you do apply HG heavy handed it can be a bit of a pain to remove but rapidwaxx and cosmic spritz go on and come off so nice like butter.

Post Thanks / Like

Less is more when you start useing products like this. You use very little product and as written before 1 spritz on a panel and 2 spritz on hood and roof. And to get an even application it`s a benefit to spray on the mf towel. It`s a wipe on wipe off product so no dwelling time is needed. If applying to much you get a streaking mess to handle and waste of product. The cure time is up to 24h. Maybe there is a little benefit in gloss if a second layer is applyied after the 24h and it`s the first use of it. And it`s depends what you have on the paint when applying it for the first time. If you have a ceramic coating or a coating product. I think that you only gets a benefit with 1 coat. To use it as a drying aid I think is a waste of it. Dry as useally and if you have a quality mf drying towel you are not going to scratch or marring the paint. If you have 1 application mf towel and 1 buffing mf towel. You don`t need to be so carefully when you drying. A little water droplets the application towel takes care of. And when useing it as a drying aid you dilute it a little too. IMO a dry application is to prefer doing. The Polish Angel products is very easy to work with and goes a long way. It`s a comfort when the price is high. HG has a little darkening effect and makes the metallic flakes pops amazingly. The high tio2 in it is very reflective. And as mentioned before I too like wash solutions that don`t leave anything behind like wax and glossenhancers. I like to 2bm wash with carpro reset. It has a great cleaning ability and leave the paint as it is. Which lets the LSP products I use shine on it`s own.
    Likes LGHT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I went against my own advice (from above about the ONR) and put a QD (Crystal Mist) on HG... it came out great. I did this figuring that when it rains tomorrow the Crystal Mist will essentially be gone. I’ve used Mist a lot in the past but this application has a nice unique look to it..

.Polish Angel High Gloss Questions-6c42198a-384a-4c90-9476-7dacd254fada.jpegPolish Angel High Gloss Questions-fb3c83d7-a237-4f4e-bc7b-8d5f1e183014.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Thread Information