Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

De-Ionized Water

Ah, remember those days. Day long debates on CR spotless, Mytees, Duprays, the works. Where did all the hubba talk go. Did it hit a plateau. Did we all buy our toys and have withered off and gone fishing.

Time for a throwback discussion. Yesterday, I was washing the cars, got called off to attend to something else. Sometime in between then, I got consumed and never did get a chance to dry the car. Anyhow, well you know what happens. It`s all good. Years ago I did have a CR spotless - the big one. It just wasn`t for me - just the setup , the connections to *my setup*, etc. Ended up selling it....

Anyhow, I think maybe it`s time I circle back on my deionized water setup that will fit me needs. Time to put the thinking cap on.......so I can remember what was the pros/cons on the CR that led me to see it so I don`t end up in the same boat again

Time to dig up superbees old posts. I know it had some good breakdown options as well

Post Thanks / Like

Re: De-Ionized Water

Wow, SuperBee...forgot about him. I gave up on my CR and had soft water from inside piped to my driveway faucet (since I already had a softener). Not as good as DI, but a lot less trouble, and good enough (for me).

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes...Superbee364! Hope he`s OK.

I seldom use my CRS except in the Winter, when I use it all the time to rinse, often via pressure washer, between regular washes. Otherwise I get my with just filtered/softened water.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my CR spotless. I have the large system. I actually use it the entire wash cycle. I have an inline filter from spa depot that I use for my hot tub. They are pretty cheap and my well water is extremely hard. I then run that into the CR spotless and run that to my Ryobi pressure washer. It works great and really helps me when I`m washing dark colored paints in the sun. Unfortunately I can`t always wash in the shade and this helps me tremendously. Using it before I had the pressure washer was not as convenient and I didn`t use it as much.

Someone posted about how to improve on the CRspotless resin system here not too long ago. Supposedly you can get like 10x more gallons from it.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like

audicoupj- Ah, sounds like you really get some use of your CRS! How long does your resin last?!? I`m awfully spoiled on that account as our water doesn`t seem to degrade it quickly at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been thinking about buying this system.
    https://www.portablewaterdi.com/shop...l?SKU=OTG2-DDI
    With the water in my area I can get almost triple the amount of gallons of a cr spotless and the refills are also cheaper. I know we had a thread a while back on this and one of the members has this system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    With the water in my area I can get almost triple the amount of gallons of a cr spotless and the refills are also cheaper. I know we had a thread a while back on this and one of the members has this system.

Griot`s also sells one. It`s a one-tank system.

One of these is on my short list for next spring.
    Likes PearTree liked this post
    Thanks PearTree thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post

I`ve got that setup - works great. When first installed I was getting 0 ppm, after 2 summers of use I`m up to 10 ppm. Will likely get new resin this winter. No leaks at the fittings, but I did switch to standard hose QD`s so I can easily disconnect and use regular water if needed. Might put together some permanent hard line/valve system this winter. I use it with the little Ryobi electric PW

Atleson Detailing Service
    FB - https://www.facebook.com/AtlesonDetailing/
    WEB - https://sites.google.com/prod/view/a...detailing/home
    Thanks PearTree thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    audicoupj- Ah, sounds like you really get some use of your CRS! How long does your resin last?!? I`m awfully spoiled on that account as our water doesn`t seem to degrade it quickly at all.
    I only get around a season with the amount I use it. But I use it for the entire wash cycle. I`m probably going to try the upgrade for next season and see how it compares. It`s worth the cost to me as it saves me time. Long run it would probably be smarter to add a water softener system to use with it and improve my house water but It`s not looking like I will live here long enough to justify the cost.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts on the CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems vs. the On The Go Dual Bed Standard Deionizer #OTG2-DDI ?
    Pros/Cons Thoughts/Review ?

Post Thanks / Like

audicoupj- Ah, OK, thanks for explaining. IMO that`s not all *that* bad for resin consumption the way you`re using it...easy for me to say since you`re paying for it though

Post Thanks / Like

i do own this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    it is quite pricey but it does a very good job with keeping the particles in the water low.
    I do not use it all the time I usually run it and store the water for my rinsless mix
    I have tested it to rinse the car after a nornal 2 bucket wash and let it dry and indeed there are no water spots.

Regards

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
    I`ve got that setup - works great. When first installed I was getting 0 ppm, after 2 summers of use I`m up to 10 ppm. Will likely get new resin this winter. No leaks at the fittings, but I did switch to standard hose QD`s so I can easily disconnect and use regular water if needed. Might put together some permanent hard line/valve system this winter. I use it with the little Ryobi electric PW
    I have the same system
    I have pretty much identical results
    I think 10 PPM is still quite good.
    Resin is a bit pricey but i agree every 2-3 years is reasonable.
    my before DI ppm is like close to 200 ppm so it does make a difference.
    by the way water out is does smell a bit like fish

Regards

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the water coming out, if you don`t use said units frequently , do you guys do a 3 gallon water purge (aka, stagnent water).

Bad analogy, but any you know how like any water in ANY container will get a *invisable brown film*, that if you were to wipe the interior, it exists...yuck. Now that I type this, I`m off to google this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Aside from the water coming out, if you don`t use said units frequently , do you guys do a 3 gallon water purge (aka, stagnent water)...
    No, I never purge mine and it`s never been an issue even though it sits unused for months at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information