Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

CQUK3.0 on wheels and glass, or get dedicated products?

My wife just got a new car, and I`m looking to coat the whole car.

I previously used McKees` dedicated paint, wheel, and glass coatings. The glass and paint coatings seemed good, but I came across the CQUK kit with Gliss and Reload and want to try it out.

My questions: would you use CQUK on the wheels and glass, or would you use a different/dedicated coating for those areas? If so, which products do you prefer? Carpro says you can use the CQUK on all surfaces. Durability is what I`m really looking for.

How many layers of CQUK would you use before Gliss, and how many layers of Gliss would you use? I`ve seen people mention putting Reload on top of CQUK, would you put on CQUK, then Gliss, then Reload, or just 2 of them?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQUK3.0 on wheels and glass, or get dedicated products?

You can use it on paint and wheels. I haven’t used it on glass. I usually stick to a dedicated glass coating for glass.

As far as CQUK and Gliss. You can get away with 1 coat of each. I normally do 2 coats of CQUK 3.0 followed by 1 coat of Gliss.

45-60 min between coats of CQUK 3.0
    4 hours after the last coat for Gliss

No need for Reload in between or even after. Just my opinion. Save it for maintenance washes if you desire to try it out. I would try it on one panel first just in case you don’t like it during a maintenance wash.

For the wheels CQUK 3.0 will be just fine as a stand alone. If you want to use up Gliss you can use it. Reload works well for maintenance on wheels.

I have had CQUK 3.0 + Gliss on my personal car for a few weeks now. My maintenance consists of washing and Ech2o as a drying aid. Also used Essence as a polish.

I just polished and coated my brothers wheels with CQUK + TiO2. Will see how it holds up compared to DLUX.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes SWETM, someidiot, Marine Clerk, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guz, do you normally top UK 3.0 with regular Cquartz? I haven`t tried that combo but sounds interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Guz, do you normally top UK 3.0 with regular Cquartz? I haven`t tried that combo but sounds interesting.
    I did once on my uncles black vette but this was with the previous version of CQUK. I just did this same combo on the wheels of my brothers car.

I do have a panel on my daily that has CQUK 3.0 + TiO2 side by side with CQUK 3.0 + Gliss. Will see how it holds up. I have not had tome to get my write up going on the combos I have on my daily.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would follow Guz recommendation. If I would use it on glass. It would be on all but the windshield and if you have wipers on the back window of the car. And just use the CQUK as a stand alone and maybe with reload if the forecast weather says to rain the following week.

The After Tips of Gliss:

Keep surface dry for at least one hour after application
    Wipe any water off the surface during the first 24 hours after application
    Avoid detergents and chemicals for 5-7 days after application
    If it is dry and the air is clean outside then you may park the vehicle in direct sun after application is complete to hasten cure
    To maintain wash regularly with CarPro Reset or Ech2o
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You can use it on paint and wheels. I haven’t used it on glass. I usually stick to a dedicated glass coating for glass.

As far as CQUK and Gliss. You can get away with 1 coat of each. I normally do 2 coats of CQUK 3.0 followed by 1 coat of Gliss.

45-60 min between coats of CQUK 3.0
    4 hours after the last coat for Gliss

No need for Reload in between or even after. Just my opinion. Save it for maintenance washes if you desire to try it out. I would try it on one panel first just in case you don’t like it during a maintenance wash.

For the wheels CQUK 3.0 will be just fine as a stand alone. If you want to use up Gliss you can use it. Reload works well for maintenance on wheels.

I have had CQUK 3.0 + Gliss on my personal car for a few weeks now. My maintenance consists of washing and Ech2o as a drying aid. Also used Essence as a polish.

I just polished and coated my brothers wheels with CQUK + TiO2. Will see how it holds up compared to DLUX.
    great information, thank you. what do you like for glass coating? do you use it on the windshield also?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by someidiot View Post
    great information, thank you. what do you like for glass coating? do you use it on the windshield also?
    I use a glass coating on the entire glass. If you are looking for something easy to start out with that works well then I would say McKee`s glass coating would be the place to start. I`ve used Optimum Opti-Glass and CarPro FlybyForte with success. I have FlybyForte on my personal car at the moment and it is holding up good. Opti-Glass does good although it costs a bit more and can be a little harder to wipe off.

Post Thanks / Like

well, I just finished 2 coats of CQUK 3.0. It`s a very beginner-friendly coating in its application and removal.

I also started with the McKees coating prep wash, which really impressed me. I had a little bit of protection on the paint from a wash & wax product and this removed it without any problem. The paint had no beading properties at all after the wash.

Gliss will be going on in 4 hours. Going to be fun to do at 9pm, but hey...

Post Thanks / Like

In the sun today I could see some rainbow spots where I clearly didn`t wipe the CQUK off. Debating whether or not to knock those areas down and recoat.

Post Thanks / Like

If they don`t bother you and you can live with them, then leave them as is. If they bother you then go ahead and redo those areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If they don`t bother you and you can live with them, then leave them as is. If they bother you then go ahead and redo those areas.
    Or you can use Essence Plus to remove the high spots without re-coating with CQ3.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Or you can use Essence Plus to remove the high spots without re-coating with CQ3.0.
    I’ve never heard this. Essence Plus has no abrasives, so I don’t see how it would remove anything. As far as I know it was only supposed to fill scratches/marring on coated vehicles. I have used regular Essence to remove the high spots, then reapplied the coating with success.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’ve never heard this. Essence Plus has no abrasives, so I don’t see how it would remove anything. As far as I know it was only supposed to fill scratches/marring on coated vehicles. I have used regular Essence to remove the high spots, then reapplied the coating with success.
    Try it you`ll be surprised what Plus will remove. I know it has no abrasives, but it`s probably something chemical that does it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Try it you`ll be surprised what Plus will remove. I know it has no abrasives, but it`s probably something chemical that does it.
    After pondering on this for a few hours it struck me that the pad could provide enough abrasion to remove the high spot. Coatings aren’t as tough as advertised.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have a layer of Gliss on top of it. and I`m not sure if that was the first or second layer of CQUK.

either way I took the car out today and it`s not too noticeable. I`m not too bothered by it, and my wife doesn`t care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information