Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Jwyfl !!!

    Found them !! https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...ks&from=Search

    And this -- https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...ortby=ourPicks With this set up, you can put a microfiber towel over some of these things and it should fit into those tight spaces around that tiny window really well too..

    I bet these will work..
    Dan F
    Good find, thank you! They`re a bit pricey for me, but if that`s the only choice, I may have to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I don`t mind spending a little more to get stuff from Griot`s, but if the price on the Detailing Sticks is excessive they`re available elsewhere, or at least they were at one time. I bought the Griot`s ones as the other vendor was calling them a Product Name that rubbed me the wrong way.

    Dunno if I`d use them for this, but hey they`re good to have anyhow.
    You have me curious what the offensive name could have been! Unless something says white power and has Swastikas on it, I`ll buy it if it`s a good value.

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    81,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    Quote Originally Posted by jwyfk View Post
    You have me curious what the offensive name could have been! Unless something says white power and has Swastikas on it, I`ll buy it if it`s a good value.
    Well, not all that different morally speaking IMO...

    The name referred to somebody who profits from the sex-for-sale activities of others and even featured a cutesy spelling of the word "Sticks" using multiple "x"es. Guess the guys (bet they aren`t women) naming their product after that item have never been beaten with one.

    It bugs me that [individuals] in that profession aren`t called out as the exploitative soul-crushers that 99.99999% of them are. Naming a Detailing Product after those [individuals] panders to those who exploit the weak or esteem those who do, if only by reinforcing the idea that it`s "cool". [Screw] that.

    Yeah, I do take this life-and-death seriously.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    St. Louis Metro Area (Illinois)
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Jwyfl !!!

    Found them !! https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...ks&from=Search

    And this -- https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...ortby=ourPicks With this set up, you can put a microfiber towel over some of these things and it should fit into those tight spaces around that tiny window really well too..

    I bet these will work..
    Dan F
    I really need to spend more time on the Griots home page. Every time I take a look I stumble across something else interesting. Just to think, I`ve been using either my finger or a foam paint brush from a craft store when working on a honey comb grill all this time while when Griots had an entire tool kit to solve the problem!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

  4. #19
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    Can you use a microfiber glove to reach that window? I spray a little cleaner on a microfiber glove to clean the corners of my rear glass.
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    81,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Can you use a microfiber glove to reach that window? I spray a little cleaner on a microfiber glove to clean the corners of my rear glass.
    Not that I`ve ever even sat in a MKVII, but FWIW my MF gloves lint too badly to be used on such stuff. I gather yours DON`T lint though...

  6. #21
    Darth Camaro 12/27/15 Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    The Suzuki that I had before my Camaro had similar window in front of the doors. I would mist them with glass cleaner and jam a mf towel in there to clean the inside.
    Don M

    The Surprised owner
    of a 2013 Camaro LS
    323hp / 6 manual
    Darth Camaro

    Thanks jwyfk thanked for this post

  7. #22
    dansautodetailing.com Stokdgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plumas Lake, CA !!!!!!
    Posts
    3,918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    If one can find a way to make a little triangular piece that attaches to a longer, a little flexible, plastic piece, then put a cloth over that little triangular piece with some glass cleaner on it, that will work very well to get all the sides and the pointed part...
    Dan F
    Thanks jwyfk thanked for this post

  8. #23
    RMD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    MkVII R here. This thread made me pay attention to those little windows on my way to work today. From the drivers seat the viewing angle doesn’t really go through that side. For me it’s parallel to my line of sight. The passenger side one I have to crane my neck a little to see out and it doesn’t offer much in the way of vision. Guess that’s why I haven’t given them any thought in terms of cleaning. Of course the viewing angles will change depending on how tall you are and how you position the seat.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks jwyfk thanked for this post

  9. #24
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Not that I`ve ever even sat in a MKVII, but FWIW my MF gloves lint too badly to be used on such stuff. I gather yours DON`T lint though...
    I bought some orange ones from CarPro and haven’t noticed any linting.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    81,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I bought some orange ones from CarPro and haven’t noticed any linting.
    Ah, might`ve known ones from them would be OK! Thanks for posting that. Heh heh, their stuff is pricey, but seldom disappointing, huh?

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Well, not all that different morally speaking IMO...

    The name referred to somebody who profits from the sex-for-sale activities of others and even featured a cutesy spelling of the word "Sticks" using multiple "x"es. Guess the guys (bet they aren`t women) naming their product after that item have never been beaten with one.

    It bugs me that [individuals] in that profession aren`t called out as the exploitative soul-crushers that 99.99999% of them are. Naming a Detailing Product after those [individuals] panders to those who exploit the weak or esteem those who do, if only by reinforcing the idea that it`s "cool". [Screw] that.

    Yeah, I do take this life-and-death seriously.
    I respect that it bothers you, but it`s just a stupid and childish name, although obviously not the most professional choice to name your product. However, they`re not suggesting that the stick would be used to beat women. Don`t you remember the stereotypical pimp from the `70s with the purple outfits, hat and cane? Remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer had a similar outfit and cane while walking down the street? I guess the walking cane is supposed to be the stick.

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Can you use a microfiber glove to reach that window? I spray a little cleaner on a microfiber glove to clean the corners of my rear glass.
    It`s possible I could touch the center, but the corners would be tricky.

    Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    MkVII R here. This thread made me pay attention to those little windows on my way to work today. From the drivers seat the viewing angle doesn’t really go through that side. For me it’s parallel to my line of sight. The passenger side one I have to crane my neck a little to see out and it doesn’t offer much in the way of vision. Guess that’s why I haven’t given them any thought in terms of cleaning. Of course the viewing angles will change depending on how tall you are and how you position the seat.
    It must be just for styling, because they`re pretty useless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    If one can find a way to make a little triangular piece that attaches to a longer, a little flexible, plastic piece, then put a cloth over that little triangular piece with some glass cleaner on it, that will work very well to get all the sides and the pointed part...
    Dan F
    For sure, a triangle would be better than using a square in there to clean the corners. If I tried to make something like that it might break and I`d end up scratching the dash! You might be onto something, though. Get yourself a 3D printer and sell them to Golf owners world wide!
    Likes Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    81,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    jwyfk- IRL, pimps aren`t like the guys in those `70s flicks (or in Iceberg Slim`s autobiography). And the cane isn`t just a fashion statement for them. When shows like Seinfeld (which I`ve never seen a minute of) make it part of a joke, that dilutes the viewer`s perception of their evil and helps such [individuals] continue with their agendas.

    When some people see "pimp", they think of the flamboyance attributed to certain movie characters, and of skits on a sitcom. When people who have an IRL perspective on it see "pimp", we see something very, very different.

    Yeah, I know... I don`t joke about serial killers either.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yeah, I know... I don`t joke about serial killers either.
    It`s funny you mentioned that. There was also a Seinfeld episode where Elaine dated a guy who had the same name as a serial killer. I don`t like Seinfeld`s stand up routine, but the show is hilarious thanks to Larry David`s writing. Nothing was out of bounds.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    81,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Has anyone here detailed a MK7 Golf or GTI? Corner window question...

    Quote Originally Posted by jwyfk View Post
    ... Nothing was out of bounds.
    Heh heh, not a feature IMO.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tornado Red Golf 7R - Detailed by Lawrence
    By LawrenceSA in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-24-2016, 04:49 PM
  2. 3rd Tornado Red Golf 6 Gti - Detailed by Lawrence
    By LawrenceSA in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2015, 01:28 AM
  3. Red Golf Mk2 GTi - Detailed by Lawrence
    By LawrenceSA in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-27-2015, 04:33 AM
  4. Tornado Red Golf R - Detailed by Lawrence
    By LawrenceSA in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2014, 07:39 AM
  5. My new detailed vw golf
    By porta in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 03:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •