Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Are you happy with where your current Polisher State is at ....

Doing sort of a purge per se. I don`t see myself ever picking back up the roto again.

As a matter of fact, I don`t even have a roto in my tool chest no more. I think I sold the last one bout 18 months ago..

Got a couple of the 3M PI plates, some of the custom M14 smaller backing pads and such.
    Man, those were the days..sourcing backing plates from Rubbish Boys if I recall
    Sorting it all out and going into my purge pile.

I have not picked up my Rupes since going G15/G21 route.
    Going to sell them.

Still have my Mini.
    Always keeping a constant eye out for something a bit more in poweeer. Maybe a BOSS mini ;-)

Like detailing products/chems, we`re always looking for better things.
    So, whaddya say. Are you happy with where you`re it on the polishers side ;-)
    Likes jatleson liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are you happy with where your current Polisher State is at ....

Went all Griot’s with the exception of the Rupes I brid. Got rid of my rotary when I got one of the first Rupes in the USA. Hoping for a smaller Griot’s also.
    Likes jatleson liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ive hemmed and hawed on the iBrid. I know if comes with a AC adapter...
    For the frequency on how I use it (aka, batteries need excercising to be healty), I don`t see myself getting a good ROI out of it.
    It would not be too shabby to own though

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Love my Makita 9237C ! Love that it has enough power to correct anything.. Love that its heavy and keeps me in great shape..
    Love that with 1 small spacer on it, I can go from 6" to 1" backing plates and go anywhere on any vehicle..
    And no vibration, noise, etc... Just smooooooth correction and swirl free polishing...
    Brushes last forever..

Mobiledynamics ------- I bought one of those 3M 09553 Perfect-It 4-1/2" Red Backing Plates long ago ! Dang thing cost a lot of money.. Dang thing arrived out of round... Couldn`t really use it.. Too much hassle to get refund.. Oh well...

If I ever need a really small machine like for polishing windows, my Portercable 7424XP is perfect for that..

My one of the first Flex 3401VRG machines that came out way back when, hardly ever sees the light of day...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Cough cough. Too much dust in this age old pile . LOL. purging out my EDGE adapters I used when I was using them on my Cyclo

Post Thanks / Like

I have an R15 and a PE14. Can do anything i need with those two machines. Unless one breaks, im set.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

I’d really love to see a collaboration between Griot’s and Milwaukee to produce a mini style polisher based off Milwaukee’s M12 battery platform.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I’d really love to see a collaboration between Griot’s and Milwaukee to produce a mini style polisher based off Milwaukee’s M12 battery platform.

Yaaaass. But make it M18
    I have like 40+ M18 from 5ah to 9ah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Went all Griot’s with the exception of the Rupes I brid. Got rid of my rotary when I got one of the first Rupes in the USA. Hoping for a smaller Griot’s also.
    Exactly what I was going to say except I kept my Makita 9227 just in case. I really hope Griot`s makes their version of the iBrid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Exactly what I was going to say except I kept my Makita 9227 just in case. I really hope Griot`s makes their version of the iBrid.
    LOL. I was wishfully thinking there was going to be a mini BOSS this year. Eh, I guess there is always next year.

TMG, Milwaukee can make and design a superior RO if they wanted to. Alot of my $$$ Hiltis and Metabo`s sit still and collect dust while I`ve gone cordless on all fronts ! When Big Red makes a tool, it`s a game changer....albit they do have duds in the lineups like their nailers. Eh, nobody`s perfect I suppose. Even on their lighting front, I have 2 sets of the tripod lights, 2 of their floods and 1 on their handheld flood lights.Big Red RULEZ

Post Thanks / Like

Yup got all I need for machines.

PE-14 rotary

BOSS G21- just received my new replacement from Griots

Rupes 21 Mark ll- Bought while G21 was sent to Griots

Rupes Duetto- Absolutely love this polisher. Very underrated

Adams swirl killer mini- awesome bang for the buck tool

Flex PE8- great for when it`s needed

Flex 3401- sits in the bag

PC7424- sits mainly great for damp sanding

Rupes Ibrid Nano
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Yaaaass. But make it M18
    I have like 40+ M18 from 5ah to 9ah
    The M18 would be a bit bulky for a “mini” size polisher, don’t ya think? I am a bit unbiased as I do also have the M18 platform. The M12 line is so small and pretty powerful when paired with the 6.0ah. But I will also say that the polisher would last forever with an M18 9.0ah. If Griot’s and Milwaukee designed a full size BOSS based off the M18, we would certainly be talking...... Maybe it’s time to look at the M18 Rotoary from Milwaukee....

Post Thanks / Like

On the M18, I suppose, but it`s all on the head profile.....to some degree.
    I just got my Gen 3 stuff in last week. It ahhhmazing how much moar power yet compact is squeezed into the new driver/drill.

Yes, the M12 extended has quite some run time with even the inflator. Filled four 20" from 23PSI to 36PSI and it still had plenty of life left. For iBrid style, yes, I concur on M12. For a new ~da~, M18 for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Funny you should mention Milwaukee Tool! I stopped at a well-respected local body shop while walking home from dropping off my Ford Freestyle for service at a very nearby auto repair shop. The worker was buffing a in-the-process-of- being-repaired black Volvo with a red buffer in an open shop detailing bay. Curious, I asked what tool he was using and why. It was a Milwaukee Tool rotary buffer, not the Flex I thought it might be. He said that is all that he uses there because he likes the weight and power. When asked about using a Dewalt Tool rotary he said it would be his second choice. He also said you can buy then locally at Fleet Farm (our Midwest farm supply chain) for about $275 with a variable speed trigger control. He also has a mini buffer by Milwaukee Tool, which I did not know they even made. He was using 3M products, including a foam white waffle pad. Just food for thought.

For myself as a hobbyist, upgrading to one of the long-throw dual actions or maybe one of the direct-drive buffers (Rupe`s Mille or Makita PO5000C) is on my I-would-like-to-have list. I am waiting for more threads reviews/feedback of the direct-drive buffers from my fellow Autopians before I decide which way to go. (Hint, hint!)
    Then again, a rotary seems to be tool-of-choice for auto body repair shops, where time is money. When I watch "Fantom Works" on cable`s Velocity TV, they all use DeWalt Tools for buffing out paint. I know it is a STEEP learning curve to master, but those that do produce some very exquisite detailing craftsmanship.
    But I also see a host of you detailing professionals, even within this thread, who have replaced or supplanted their "old" rotaries because the newer LT-DA that can (almost) duplicate a rotary`s results without any of the "problems" associated with a rotary (buffer trails or paint burn-throughs), including experience mastery. It is just easier to use.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I`m content with my current arsenal, though I would like to see an improved ibrid or a better competitor version. I`m also still waiting for someone to implement to ability to change direction of tool rotation with the flip of a switch, just like a cordless drill.

BOSS G15
    BOSS G21
    BOSS Air Micro Rotary
    Rupes 21 Mark ll
    Rupes LHR75
    Rupes LHR75e
    Rupes TA50
    Rupes Nano Long (Dead)
    Rupes Nano short
    G110v2 with custom collar
    PC7424
    Flex PE 14 rotary