Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Water Spots with Ceramic coating!

Hi All,

I`ve applied a Ceramic Coating on my car a few months ago and it seems to have developed these horrible water spots that are not easily removed. I tried first using a solvent, then an acid based cleaner! Nothing worked but to re-polish the paint and apply Carpro Eraser before re adding the coating. I did let it cure for 24 hrs in a closed garage and added reload the next day. Let it sit for a further 48 hrs. It rained for the first time 3 days ago, washed my car today, and Bamm! The water spots seems to have formed again on the hood, Not as bad as the first time but are still there. Anyone else have these water spot issues?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water Spots with Ceramic coating!

Curious as to which coating. I have never experienced any water spots with any coating I have used.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Were they there before you polished the car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sparkle View Post
    Hi All,

I`ve applied a Ceramic Coating on my car a few months ago and it seems to have developed these horrible water spots that are not easily removed. I tried first using a solvent, then an acid based cleaner! Nothing worked but to re-polish the paint and apply Carpro Eraser before re adding the coating. I did let it cure for 24 hrs in a closed garage and added reload the next day. Let it sit for a further 48 hrs. It rained for the first time 3 days ago, washed my car today, and Bamm! The water spots seems to have formed again on the hood, Not as bad as the first time but are still there. Anyone else have these water spot issues?
    I had the exact problem with 22PLE on my Porsche and GTechniq on my wife`s Mercedes. It was maddening and I ultimately gave up on coatings after I couldn`t get CQUK to stick to anything despite trying every panel wipe on the planet including Wurth solvents. The 22PLE rep ultimately told me that spotting was normal and said something about the coating drying out the paint. I don`t pay ~$150 a bottle because I want to accept heavy spotting as "normal."

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

very common issue with coatings. My Mckees v2 coating gets spots from any water that isn`t rain. You just have to get to it quickly. I like Kamikaze water spot remover personally.

Thread Information