Post Thanks / Like

2 machines down!!!

So I have had 2 machines go down in the past couple weeks.

First up was my new Flex XFE7-15. I first used this machine on the episode of Competition Ready that I was a part of and really liked it!!
    This machine is jinxed! I had a backing plate (5") fail on me while using it and thank goodness there was no damage!! I have since put the stock plate back on.
    While using it, it was getting pretty warm/hot and then it all of a sudden just lost power. Any amount of pressure applied to the machine would kill it and it would stop working.

I contacted Flex and they had me return it to them. (it`s still under warranty) Couple weeks later, boom, package from Flex arrives with a brand new machine in it! Awesome, thanks Flex!

I`ve been using it since I`ve received it back without any issues. I hope that it continues to perform like it is now!

So after my Flex took a dump, I switched over to my Rupes LHR21 MkII. It works like a dream and was doing just that...until I dropped it and broke the front end/handle off of it. Darn!! The machine was still useable, but very uncomfortable! I contacted Rupes and they had me return it.

Rupes literally rebuild my whole machine with a laundry list of parts that were replaced! Their flat fee is $85.00 and I felt that this is extremely fair due to it being my error in breaking it.
    I just received notice yesterday that it shipped out and I should be receiving it back next week! I can`t wait to get my hands on it again and see what a `new` Rupes feels like! LOL

So there you have my polisher drama!!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 machines down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    So I have had 2 machines go down in the past couple weeks.

First up was my new Flex XFE7-15. I first used this machine on the episode of Competition Ready that I was a part of and really liked it!!
    This machine is jinxed! I had a backing plate (5") fail on me while using it and thank goodness there was no damage!! I have since put the stock plate back on.
    While using it, it was getting pretty warm/hot and then it all of a sudden just lost power. Any amount of pressure applied to the machine would kill it and it would stop working.

I contacted Flex and they had me return it to them. (it`s still under warranty) Couple weeks later, boom, package from Flex arrives with a brand new machine in it! Awesome, thanks Flex!

I`ve been using it since I`ve received it back without any issues. I hope that it continues to perform like it is now!

So after my Flex took a dump, I switched over to my Rupes LHR21 MkII. It works like a dream and was doing just that...until I dropped it and broke the front end/handle off of it. Darn!! The machine was still useable, but very uncomfortable! I contacted Rupes and they had me return it.

Rupes literally rebuild my whole machine with a laundry list of parts that were replaced! Their flat fee is $85.00 and I felt that this is extremely fair due to it being my error in breaking it.
    I just received notice yesterday that it shipped out and I should be receiving it back next week! I can`t wait to get my hands on it again and see what a `new` Rupes feels like! LOL

So there you have my polisher drama!!!
    You know what they say...when it rains it pours. Sorry you had to deal with all the issues. Was your Flex one that had the ball bearing balancing system? If it`s still under warranty I`m guessing not since it was still under warranty. I had the exact same things happen with my machine. Backing plate broke, and did do some damage. Then I found out early production units had a defect so they replaced it.

Post Thanks / Like

For a surgeon to be without his tools is gotta be tough but glad the repair is done and you are happy
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Yeah, glad I had a `few` others as back ups!!!

Dave, yes, that`s the one. Ball bearing system. And it was under warranty. It was only a few months old. I`ve heard a few things about the early ones and people having problems. Sorry to hear that you had some damage associated with your backing plate fiasco. That really sucks.
    Last edited by Sizzle Chest; 07-14-2018 at 11:31 PM. Reason: added content
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Thread Information