Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Towel of choice for Rinseless/Waterless washing

quebert- I`d much rather use a plush towel for WW/RW and would personally never use a WW/low-nap one for that kind of thing. I want *LONG*, plush strands to provide cushioning and someplace for the dirt to perhaps migrate to/get caught up in, away from the paint. The "high" part of a WWMF`s texture would be a bad place for a speck of abrasive dirt to be and I wouldn`t risk hoping that the dirt will somehow end up in the "depresssion" part of the WWMF`s texture.

Maybe-goofy analogy: if your skin were *very* sensitive (e.g., badly sunburned), which would you want to rub it with- a waffle weave or the plushest MF you`ve ever felt?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    *BUMPY*

Anyone use waffle weaves for waterless? I`ve always used Eagle, or the 2 different color sided Shine & Buff looking ones from MFT. I see Adam`s has a waffle weave for their waterless. I`ve never used a low nap towel. And I can`t really trust the reviews on their web site, as Adam fan tend to be pretty biased lol. I`m going to switch my waterless to AMMO Frothe, and I need new towels. I like the Shine & Buff`s a lot, but am curious about the Adam`s. Which surprisingly, aren`t that crazy $$$ wise if you buy a dozen.
    I have used the Adam`s "waterless wash" towels for the drying step in a rinseless wash for years, with no marring. But I have upgraded to the Griot`s 16x16 PRM Terry towels and the TRC 16x16 FTW. If you go the waffle weave route, try TRC for better pricing. The waffle weaves are fantastic for windows, and I got my tint installer hooked on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    The waffle weaves are fantastic for windows, and I got my tint installer hooked on them.
    I too use a good WWMF to get the majority of the water off the glass, do it between blowing water off and the "real drying" with a towel. WWMFs are far less likely to leave MF Lint on the glass compared to many/most plush MFs (including my good plush MF Drying Towels).
    Likes mc2hill liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information