Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Towel of choice for Rinseless/Waterless washing

The Griot`s PFMs for Glass were a huge eye-opener for me, utterly superb especially with Glass Cleaners that require the two-step method (as so many do). Teaming the PFMs with HD 50:1 really wowed me, didn`t expect it to work out so well. No lint so far
    Likes Marine Clerk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been picking my rinseless wash towels from MicroFiber Tech - 16x16 360 GSM towels (under $3 for 3 or more). I pick a new color each year to use for the `bucket of towels` method, then move the previous years color to my `damp wipe` step when using a wash mitt. Just tried some of their `Helix twist` towels for drying, and they worked great.
    Likes DetailZeus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    I have been picking my rinseless wash towels from MicroFiber Tech - 16x16 360 GSM towels (under $3 for 3 or more). I pick a new color each year to use for the `bucket of towels` method, then move the previous years color to my `damp wipe` step when using a wash mitt. Just tried some of their `Helix twist` towels for drying, and they worked great.
    Nice process
    Likes mc2hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kb2ehj View Post
    Nice process
    I learned it on this forum!

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve used Eagle Edgeless 350, Eagle Edgeless 365 and Eagle Edgeless 500 for rinseless. I liked the Eagle Edgeless 350 the best for rinseless so I bought a bunch and been using that. I use the EE 365 for places like door jams. If I was to do a waterless wash, I’d probably use the EE 500. That’s what I currently use for spot cleaning in between wash. For drying, I usually use the smaller 16x16 version of the Griot Garage PFM drying towel. If I’m applying overcoat while drying, I’ll use the dry me a river jr towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Rag Company has Eagle Edgeless for $2.95 each right now.

Any other time, I would look on Amazon. The rag company sells their products on there as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxManRonnie View Post

Any other time, I would look on Amazon. The rag company sells their products on there as well.
    What do they usually cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxManRonnie View Post

Anyone in or around Louisville, KY want to split an order of 365 Eagle Edgless to save shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Anyone in or around Louisville, KY want to split an order of 365 Eagle Edgless to save shipping.
    Excuse me, I mean Eagle Edgeless 350s, the ones on sale. I am going to order $49 worth for free shipping and will share the shipment with anyone in or around Louisville, KY.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are the ones I`ve been using for a few years now.I bought white ones to show the dirt.

Excellent company and product. It`s nice when they give a good description and tell you where the towels are made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    ..I bought white ones to show the dirt..
    Yeah, I`m a big fan of light-colored towels so contamination is readily visible.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder which of the Edgeless Eagles I`d like for this...I get both the ideas:
    -not so thick that they won`t conform to contours or fit into tight spots
    -not so thin that they`re not plush in the sense of looong strands

Last ~350 MFs I bought were so low-nap that I immediately had Buyer`s Remorse

Post Thanks / Like

*BUMPY*

Anyone use waffle weaves for waterless? I`ve always used Eagle, or the 2 different color sided Shine & Buff looking ones from MFT. I see Adam`s has a waffle weave for their waterless. I`ve never used a low nap towel. And I can`t really trust the reviews on their web site, as Adam fan tend to be pretty biased lol. I`m going to switch my waterless to AMMO Frothe, and I need new towels. I like the Shine & Buff`s a lot, but am curious about the Adam`s. Which surprisingly, aren`t that crazy $$$ wise if you buy a dozen.

Post Thanks / Like

Ammo offers towels that are pretty decent price. If he sourced them for frothe.... I use creature edgeless. I feel eagles are to pluffy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Ammo offers towels that are pretty decent price. If he sourced them for frothe.... I use creature edgeless. I feel eagles are to pluffy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Larry sells whatever towels he has @ 6 for $15, which is downright cheap for his price scheme. They look pretty basic, says 325+ GSM. I expected AMMO to have towels in the price range of Microfiber Madness. They look to be very low nap, and I`ve always read for waterless or rinseless longer nap`s better. Which makes sense to me, but I suppose Larry knows a thing or 2 here. They`re also 14x24 which is an odd size, I`ve always used 16x16 for my WW. But I suppose since I do have to order Frothe from his site I should throw in a pack of towels and try them out. $2.50 a towel`s uber cheap.

I just find it bizarre the guy who`s products are all pricey and sells a $6 solo interior brush for like $60 would sell towels for $2.50 each. I think his AMMONYC stickers cost more than the towels lol.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information