Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trouble with coating

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    For me, coatings have allowed me to maintain suitable appearance (to me) with far less effort, YMMV.
    This has been my experience. In fact, I was just musing to myself this weekend how coatings have really saved me and my cars this year. I originally planned on leaving the coating on my vehicles for about 18 months before re-doing them. However, due to all sorts of things going on with work and personal life over the last 18 months, I`ve blown past that goal and I`m headed for 2 years simply because I haven`t had the time. McKees 37 coating has treated me quite well. I am very satisfied with the durability.

Had I used a sealant as my last LSP, my cars would have gone unprotected for long periods of time and would probably be in really sad shape at this point. However, since I`ve used a coating, they still look good and they are still protected. I`ve simply kept them as clean as possible and the washing has been far easier than with a sealant. At this point the coating is starting to show signs of fatigue, but it`s held on long enough for me to get through the past hurdles in life and to a point where I can again be a little more neurotic with the care of my vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    If the BF shampoo is the same stuff that came with their original All Finish Paint Protection kit, it was *HARSH* at least IME. I mean "strip your LSP off" harsh. I used it up on wheels and undercarriages, no need for Wheel Cleaners with that stuff around.
    I wasn`t all that impressed with it either. I got some as part of their original paint coating kit (another disaster). While I like the look it left behind, I didn`t find the lubricity all that great. I could never figure out why my sealants seemed to degrade faster when I used it, but the harshness makes sense. I never thought a BlackFire shampoo would be that harsh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    ... never thought a BlackFire shampoo would be that harsh.
    Yeah, surprised me too. Ditto for the (great smelling, high lubricity, great cleaning, nicely sudsing, etc.) Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo. For a company that sells Souveran (shortest-life LSP ever IME) to make a strip-anything shampoo sure wasn`t expected! Thought it was just the Souveran until it killed Collinite too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information