Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Polymer Net Shield vs Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish single panel

So this morning I decided I wanted to put these two against each other on my car. Test subject is a 2017 Honda Accord in San Marino Red.

Background, May 5th I applied UFF for the first time on my vehicle. Was impressed with the application and slickness. The car sees tons of dust (limestone, and normal construction and rock quarry dust) and even car product overspray (like tire and trim shines) depending where I park. It’s a nasty contamination scenario.

Over the past 5 weeks it’s been interesting to watch. Initially it was dusty and it had very light rain just enough to make a giant mess of the car and look like it had poor beading. I was a little underwhelmed at that point. Anyways I rinseless washed the car with ONR as I do each 4-5 days or sooner if it does rain. Fast forward to a longer dry period same maintenance washes although it was pretty dusty and it rained very hard for a while one day and drove in that rain too and after it sat it was very coating like. Very clean looking although up close could see some dried water spots and the rear fascia and plate area dried with more dirt and water spots.

So I was impressed at this point to say this is a real contender so far. Most LSPs really don’t impress me anymore. This one has so far. Especially since I did not expect much.

Fast forward to this morning was thinking PNS vs UFF is in order so I went to the garage and ONRed the trunk top. The used Carpro essence with green pads on my cyclo. For a clean up and prep. Put a piece of tape down the middle and went PNS on driver side and UFF on passenger side.

Application went as you would expect. PNS works reasonably but it’s not the most user friendly. I know there is a lot of hacks out there for it but I spray it on the panel and wipe in and buff clean. Then UFF went on like a breeze. Spray on panel method there too. So slick and easy to apply. Much more user friendly than PNS.

Now for looks. In my garage I couldn’t see any difference. 1 hour later outside PNS made it much darker than UFF. UFF does not darken the paint that I can see. And I didn’t know PNS did either but the pics don’t lie at this point

The last on you can see where UFF apparently was heavy at the tape line and make its mark. I just wiped it off and it came off easily as did the real defined line of PNS. So perhaps it doesn’t darken paint as much as i feel just a heavy line from product. We will see if it’s noticeable going forward or not.

the beading and sheeting have to wait for now. If it rains I’ll see what I can capture.

It will be interesting to see how this work. My last test over a year ago went south cause the car went to a body shop due to an accident so the results were no longer trackable or valid

Any questions feel free to ask. I’m no expert just a normal guy who wanted to see these head to head. In my head I say PNS kills it but UFF like I said, has impressed me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes glfnaz, Stokdgs, trashmanssd, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield vs Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish single panel

Did you choose Essence as a base for a reason? The only reason I’m asking is that Essence May throw off your results. Somethings bond to Essence and others don’t. Essence alone is touted as lasting a year (doubtful) but it does last some length of time and bear on your test results. It would be like spraying Hydro2 over a wax and then saying it streaked and didn’t last.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t had any problems using essence with anything yet personally.

I also think that PNS and UFF work fine on coatings

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that I have heard is Essence doesn’t work with Opti-Coat. Something about the polymers not bonding.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought they didn’t recommend it because it wasn’t there own product

I have heard two sides of essence. One the way it first came out was as a primer with long term fillers that you could top immediately

The second was that it should sit for 24 hours I think for it to do its initial curing or else needed to be wiped down

We shall see

I can always do the hood with a different polish and the same LSPs if this doesn’t work well but my experience so far as Essence has been friendly

Post Thanks / Like

First rain. Quick down pour just happened aggressive and only several minutes.

Middle the H logo is obviously the center of the trunk

UFF

PNS

You can see the more aggressive beading aka contact angle of PNS. Hopefully it will dry in a short time and we can see how it looks then

Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

From your pictures I think that PNS is killing the UFF in every way. On the first pictures it seems to be a much clearer reflections on the PNS side. And the difference in beading is PNS a mile ahead from how I think it should look. The longevity claims and if it plays out that way the UFF would be a winner. And will be fun to follow this and how it works out in the end.

Thanks for shareing your testing!

/Tony
    Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post

Thread Information