Thread: Nu finish

Post Thanks / Like

Nu finish

I`ll probably never use the stuff, but you see it everywhere. So I gotta ask. What do you guys think of it? How does it stack up against the high quality waxes and LSPs that the pro detailers would use? Me I`ll stick with what is recommended around here. But I`m still curious as to how something that common, really compares to the higher end stuff. And I figured the replies would be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nu finish

Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
    I`ll probably never use the stuff, but you see it everywhere. So I gotta ask. What do you guys think of it? How does it stack up against the high quality waxes and LSPs that the pro detailers would use? Me I`ll stick with what is recommended around here. But I`m still curious as to how something that common, really compares to the higher end stuff. And I figured the replies would be interesting.
    I’ll refrain from commenting on the quality of this product as I haven’t used it in 25 years and can’t really compare it to the products available today. There were quite a few threads discussing this on Autopia a few years back. NuFinish, like Zaino has a very devoted group of users, they love it. I’d be interested in reading your report on how you like it. Heck, somebody’s gotta do it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I ran into the inventor of REJEX (ed kollin) about six or seven years ago, and he told me the nu-finish was exactly the same thing as rejex except branded and formulated slightly different For more consumer stores. I`ve done a side-by-side between the 2 and can`t tell a difference. I think it`s a good product. But I hate the haze buff off and only use WOWA products now.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I used it as recently as 14 months ago. At the time, I was just prior to becoming an Autogeek/Autopia junkie but had already tried M21 and Meg’s GC wax, so had those as comparison points at the time.

Pros: cleaned my road-grimed paint up a little bit, with hand application. Applying was about as easy as today’s sealants.

Cons: tough to remove/buff off. Final look was non-memorable. Not horrible, but M21 looked much much better.

I ended up doing my first polishing job a few weeks after application so I could try out newer, better LSPs and the rest is history. Didn’t get to test the famous 52-automatic-car-wash durability claim. I still have the bottle, only because I hate wasting products, but can’t see myself ever using it given my current inventory... not even on a junker.

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

It stains plastic trim. Plus it dries white, not clear. The result is you get white lines at the crease of paint and chrome or trim. The protection it provides and the gloss are decent. There are just better products out their today. Duragloss and Collinite are about the same price yet so much easier to work with.
    Likes davidc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I liked it 30 years ago. I remember it made my car shine. I also remember trying to remove the white residue it left behind, what a pain. It has stood the test of time and people still use it. Of course Turtle Wax is still in use too. If I want to use an older product I’ll stick to FK 1000p. Plenty of products on the market for every taste!
    Likes nickclark08, tom p. liked this post

Thread Information