Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mhmmm Which to Choose AIO or Ultrafine Polish ?

Trying to get everything on Amazon this time, but they don`t ship FK1000P to Canada
    One of the things I dislike with North American e-commerce is that they don`t offer "combined cumulative shipping" services like they do in other parts of the world on top of the already expensive shipping cost. A 16oz bottle of Meg`s D301 at $16.99 for example from Autopia is going to cost me $43.00usd in shipping ...ridiculous !

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes, that is really bad. Yeah, a guy on the Crown Vic forums is running into the same thing trying to get aftermarket parts.

I wonder if FK would have any ideas...maybe they`d know of some Canadian source/vendor that`s slipped under your radar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yikes, that is really bad. Yeah, a guy on the Crown Vic forums is running into the same thing trying to get aftermarket parts.

I wonder if FK would have any ideas...maybe they`d know of some Canadian source/vendor that`s slipped under your radar.
    I know of two Canadian sources for FK1000P one is Olde Town Auto Spa, but would rather spread out the shipping cost with other products like what you can do with Amazon "Prime" items. The shipping in Canada ain`t that bad at $10.00 for a tin of FK1000P, but if I just get one or two tins that is almost half the cost of the product ! ...LoL

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that "shipping exceeds product cost" *is* kinda frustrating, but eh...I try to look at it Big Picture, what I`m getting for that $ relative to alternatives. I`m kinda hard-pressed to think of a genuine alternative to FK1000P and *to me* that $10 shipping isn`t all that awful factored over maybe a decade or more.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that "shipping exceeds product cost" *is* kinda frustrating, but eh...I try to look at it Big Picture, what I`m getting for that $ relative to alternatives. I`m kinda hard-pressed to think of a genuine alternative to FK1000P and *to me* that $10 shipping isn`t all that awful factored over maybe a decade or more.
    Just got in my tin of FK1000P and can`t wait to try it this weekend and wow this is the largest tin of wax I have ever seen at 14.5oz it dwarfs a tin of 476S or M16 like the Green Giant ! ...LoL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EdLancer View Post
    Just got in my tin of FK1000P and can`t wait to try it this weekend and wow this is the largest tin of wax I have ever seen ..
    And just think, it lasts longer too! I`m still on my first tin of the stuff and I can`t begin to count the applications I`ve gotten out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

And just think, it lasts longer too! I`m still on my first tin of the stuff and I can`t begin to count the applications I`ve gotten out of it.
    I can see from the residue droplets outside the tin that it is quite hard compared to 476S. Any idea why people call it FK1000P when the product number is BWM101 and nowhere on the tin does it mention 1000P ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EdLancer View Post
    Any idea why people call it FK1000P when the product number is BWM101 and nowhere on the tin does it mention 1000P ?
    Short answer is that FK doesn`t care enough about such stuff to put much into getting/being/keeping squared away

Floyd liked "part number"-style product names, hence the FK1000P. Guys like Ketch thought they oughta have more descriptive names, like "Big White, Marine". What we see these days are the big tins of the stuff that were originally sold to the Marine market, where it was assumed they`d go through it faster. They just never changed/updated the name from its days as a Boat Wax.

If you somehow got a tin of "stupid-hard" product, a little bit of FK425 will soften it up; that`s how I used my completely dried-to-rock sample tin with such success. But once you "break into it", if you get my meaning, I bet you`ll find it`s softer...maybe the solvents/etc. migrate a bit once it`s poured or something.

Eager to hear how you like it. After Finick`s recent issues with his I`ve been kinda on the edge of my seat. I`m currently reapplying to the `93 Audi, and my almost-used-up stuff is working great even on that utterly compromised paint (pits/fissures/etc. that can cause LSP issues).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information