Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mhmmm Which to Choose AIO or Ultrafine Polish ?

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Nothing wrong with 301 on a white pad. Now if you used a foamed wool or cutting MF pad each time it may take its toll over the span of the vehicle.

Hard to estimate how the products will be in 10-20 years. Not bad to buy the small 4 or 8 oz bottles depending on your needs abrasive technology is very good in some of these products right now and who knows could get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16oz or less bottles are for the retail market and is usually a rip off when a 32oz bottle is not that much different in cost and is directed at professionals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EdLancer View Post
    16oz or less bottles are for the retail market and is usually a rip off when a 32oz bottle is not that much different in cost and is directed at professionals.
    Almost every product known to man costs less in volume that’s not the debate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, it`s not too frugal when a quart/gallon of product either goes bad (OK, mine hardly ever do) or is rendered an also-ran by some new development. I have all that [freakin`] M205 that I`ll *NEVER* use...and a fair bit of M105 too (even some of the great v1.0 stuff).

I bought bulk for *AGES* and still do for some stuff, but I`ve learned to be a little careful about stocking up on things in certain categories.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Some time this week I am going to try FK 215 One Step Cleaner and Surface Sealant for very light swirls and to clean the paint a bit then top it with FK 1000P. If that works well, I may try FKs 303 Foam Pad Glaze on paint in good condition and then try to lock that glaze look with 1000P.
    FK215 is awesome, but doesn`t get much talk around here - probably because it`s been around a while. I had the MUCH more expensive Wolfgang AIO and I liked my $11 bottle of FK just as much (but WG cuts more). Oddly, they are similarly colored.

To the OP`s question: One thing I like about AIOs once a year (as opposed to a polish) is the ease of removal. With 3800, I`m rubbing pretty hard with Eraser to prep for sealant and wax. With an AIO, it`s not only not necessary, but you get some protection for your effort.
    Likes EdLancer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

WaxAddict- Yes indeed, pretty much every AIO I`ve ever used has been utterly Accumulator-proof (well, as long as I keep some of `em off the trim).

Wonder why I never tried the FK215...does it stain trim?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    WaxAddict- Yes indeed, pretty much every AIO I`ve ever used has been utterly Accumulator-proof (well, as long as I keep some of `em off the trim).

Might be a good opportunity for me now to get both the FK215 and FK100P to try if I can only find an online retailer that does not charge exuberant shipping cost. It seems Collinite products have now become more popular, but FK products are still not !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    FK215 is awesome, but doesn`t get much talk around here - probably because it`s been around a while. I had the MUCH more expensive Wolfgang AIO and I liked my $11 bottle of FK just as much (but WG cuts more). Oddly, they are similarly colored.

To the OP`s question: One thing I like about AIOs once a year (as opposed to a polish) is the ease of removal. With 3800, I`m rubbing pretty hard with Eraser to prep for sealant and wax. With an AIO, it`s not only not necessary, but you get some protection for your effort.
    How does FK215 perform ? Does it dust, long work time and what level of aggressiveness ?

Post Thanks / Like

It didn’t for me but I always a bucket of rinseless wash nearby to wipe off trim if anything gets on it.
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bert- Ah, OK. I was wondering whether it was "nasty staining like Autoglym SRP" or "fine on trim like KAIO" or somewhere in-between (sounds like that`s it).

Might give this some consideration when I run out of ZAIO and SRP (doesn`t quite sound like a substitute for KAIO).

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Ed and Accum for the delay in response.

Ed, 215 does not dust and removal is a breeze. It is not aggressive! It will correct holograms, love marks, light marring and very light swirls, but you`ll need something more "serious" for full-bore correction of scratches. It comes out very shiny using a white pad.

Accum, I`m not a good advisor on "will it stain trim" because I astutely avoid trim with any polish or wax. When I first read you saying that 845 can be used on trim, I got "the vapors" and passed out. I still can`t bring myself to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Sorry Ed and Accum for the delay in response.

Ed, 215 does not dust and removal is a breeze. It is not aggressive! It will correct holograms, love marks, light marring and very light swirls, but you`ll need something more "serious" for full-bore correction of scratches. It comes out very shiny using a white pad.

Accum, I`m not a good advisor on "will it stain trim" because I astutely avoid trim with any polish or wax. When I first read you saying that 845 can be used on trim, I got "the vapors" and passed out. I still can`t bring myself to do it.
    Yup 845IW does not stain any trim, I let a neighbor try 845IW and now he swears its the greatest LSP he ever used since he is not an Autopian he only ever used big chain store cleaner waxes that leave white residue on his trims ! ...LoL

Post Thanks / Like

Bert- Ah, OK. I was wondering whether it was "nasty staining like Autoglym SRP" or "fine on trim like KAIO" or somewhere in-between (sounds like that`s it).

Might give this some consideration when I run out of ZAIO and SRP (doesn`t quite sound like a substitute for KAIO).
    Was going to get a bottle when they are on special at one of the large chain stores here, but after seeing your comment ...for sure no ! ...LoL

Post Thanks / Like

WaxAddict- Ah, thanks for the added info. Interesting that it`ll correct..well, anything...for you. I can`t *EVER* recall any AIO ever doing any correction on any paint for me. Not once.

And heh heh...I do like products that are OK on trim, simply takes the challenge of avoiding staining off the table. I`ve even used Collinite 476S and FK1000P on trim, rubber..plastic..you name it (but don`t try that at home, kids). I still use the Klasse twins on some trim bits.

EdLancer- Despite that nasty trim-staining, and its dusting, I do like the SRP. Leaves better protection behind that most and I love how it looks on certain paints (and I usually scoff at such nit-picking). But it`s not in the "you gotta try this!" category IMO.
    Likes EdLancer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Autoglym was one of the few so called Autopian products that was available over the counter at brick and mortar stores. Always wanted to try their SRP, but never got my hands on a bottle the only thing I have from Autoglym is their blueberry Foaming Soap. I think I am 90% sure in getting HD Speed as an AIO unless someone can convince me there is something better out there that is reasonably priced and easily available.

Post Thanks / Like

EdLancer- Heh heh that appreciation of SRP I keep posting about might just me another of my foibles. But yeah, I do think it`s a pretty good product line.

Since hearing that Speed plays nice with an FK1000P topper, I`ve figured it`s at least in the "nothing wrong with it" class.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information