Post Thanks / Like

Detailing Stuff I Was Wrong About, 2018

Figured I`d start another of these for this year.

Gee, just had a big surprise, and a good one! I`ve posted about how "no, you can`t blow off dust, gotta wash it"..but YMMV popped up again

Twenty-one months ago (!) I cleaned up the Crown Vic and put it in the back corner of the shop (near the clothes dryer..think "lint") to do some suspension/undercarriage work. Sigh...this morning it was still sitting there, and in the interim it got *covered* with dirty dust. When I cleaned the exterior glass I was shocked by the nasty [stuff] I was cleaning off and !oh man! did the car look awful under the lights. [Shoot], and I keep that shop so nice and clean too.

Sigh, thought I`d have to wash it immediately, but first...I pumped the tires up to [I won`t say how high] and took it for a spin anyhow just to get them back to round. OK, vibration gone...back to the shop.

Got the car home, pulled it back into the shop, thinking how I`d have to schedule that wash, but...hey, it looked OK! Not Autopian/ concours-ready, but it no longer looked like it needed a thorough washing. Virtually no dust remained, not on the FK1000P, not on the Ultima TTG+, nothing to speak of at all, at least "best in parking lot"-clean. It blew off during my little drive. Lucky Me!

So *maybe* you can blow off dust after all, at least with a good coat of the right LSP; won`t know until you try.
    Likes ShakingHorizons, Oneheadlite, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Stuff I Was Wrong About, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Figured I`d start another of these for this year.

Gee, just had a big surprise, and a good one! I`ve posted about how "no, you can`t blow off dust, gotta wash it"..but YMMV popped up again

Twenty-one months ago (!) I cleaned up the Crown Vic and put it in the back corner of the shop (near the clothes dryer..think "lint") to do some suspension/undercarriage work. Sigh...this morning it was still sitting there, and in the interim it got *covered* with dirty dust. When I cleaned the exterior glass I was shocked by the nasty [stuff] I was cleaning off and !oh man! did the car look awful under the lights. [Shoot], and I keep that shop so nice and clean too.

Sigh, thought I`d have to wash it immediately, but first...I pumped the tires up to [I won`t say how high] and took it for a spin anyhow just to get them back to round. OK, vibration gone...back to the shop.

Got the car home, pulled it back into the shop, thinking how I`d have to schedule that wash, but...hey, it looked OK! Not Autopian/ concours-ready, but it no longer looked like it needed a thorough washing. Virtually no dust remained, not on the FK1000P, not on the Ultima TTG+, nothing to speak of at all, at least "best in parking lot"-clean. It blew off during my little drive. Lucky Me!

So *maybe* you can blow off dust after all, at least with a good coat of the right LSP; won`t know until you try.
    Currently have FK1000P on the vehicle that is currently on roadtrip duty. After 13 hours of driving across five states, the car gets a good rinse in the rain in the parking lot. So nice not to worry about crap accumulating on it. The front end is also protected by trakktape, and has faired pretty well, considering the amout of rain that has come across it.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Stuff I Was Wrong About, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Currently have FK1000P on the vehicle.. So nice not to worry about crap accumulating on it.
    Exactly! Heh heh, the FK1000P is one thing I was *NOT* wrong about!

The front end is also protected by trakktape, and has faired pretty well, considering the amout of rain that has come across it.
    Heh heh, you crazy Autopian...Trakktape...but I`m glad it`s working out so well and not coming off after the rain.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Thread Information