Post Thanks / Like

So I go to my dealer for an oil change....

As I posted in my beloved Audiworld forum...

I went to my (one of) dealer for a 15k oil change - yes I get it changed every 5k! They did the Bose trim recall also. Now before I go to the dealer for maintenance I usually wash it prior so they can see that it is a clean,well kept car - and hopeful;y treat it accordingly. Not that I don`t keep it clean otherwise because I do. No auto car washes - only hand washing using clean micro fiber cloths, water buckets, etc.I`m an admitted detailing geek. Sooooooooooooooooo, when the SA said the car was ready, he said it would be a moment because they are washing it. I said, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I don`t want a wash. Anyhow, it was too late as the car was washed and waiting. I was kinda ticked off and told him I hope not to see swirl marks - or worse.A quick glance did not show swirls, but I`m sure that soap took off any protective wax and such. In the scheme of things a minor bit of aggravation, but I`ll know better for the next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So I go to my dealer for an oil change....

You need to have your SA put a note in the system saying no washing. Also get some hang tags that say DO NOT WASH and put one on your rear view mirror, dash, and passenger seat to get the message across!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, my SA and my BMW service department has the note in his files not to wash it and even hangs a special tag on the steering wheel everytime I drop it off. He even said the first time I took it in that it looked better than when they pulled it off the delivery truck and then asked what I did to it...so he knows the extent of what was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes,the SA said he would put a note in my file, but I will also add a tag.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

When I go in for an oil change , I don`t take any chances. I put a huge note on the engine cover that says what type of oil and what capacity, and a huge big font note on the steering wheel that says don`t wash it. Never had a problem.

Forget just telling the service advisor only, or having them write it on the repair order, sometimes the tech and the wash guys don`t read that. Put the notes where the person that`s going to screw it up will read it.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good reminder for me. I’ve got an oil change due in 2 weeks at the BMW dealer. Got to make some signs. I just coated my car and I would cry if they marred it up. I just fixed the body shops water spots and swirls from their wash job! I had to polish the windows just to remove the hard water spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Telling the service advisor has to be done, but that person isn’t the one who gets his or her hands on the car. I write “do not wash” on a piece of paper with a sharpie and tape it on the dash when mine goes in for service. It’s worked so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    Telling the service advisor has to be done, but that person isn’t the one who gets his or her hands on the car...
    I find it best to have a very short list of employees who are allowed to touch my vehicles. At all the dealerships/shops I patronize, they understand that it`s simply non-negotiable- the people on the list can touch them (properly, and they`ve all been dialed-in by me on what that means) and nobody else can. Period. I know of at least one employee who was fired over it; that kinda surprised me, but they said that if he disobeyed that directive they couldn`t have him around because who knows what he`d do next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    Telling the service advisor has to be done, but that person isn’t the one who gets his or her hands on the car. I write “do not wash” on a piece of paper with a sharpie and tape it on the dash when mine goes in for service. It’s worked so far.
    Write it in Spanish also

Post Thanks / Like

Having had told a service manager, watched him write it on the work order and having just washed vehicle returned to me I resorted to these. I make sure the owner of any vehicle I do gets one.

https://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Acc...Hang-Tag-P897/
    Likes Mary B, HCF, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Having had told a service manager, watched him write it on the work order and having just washed vehicle returned to me I resorted to these. I make sure the owner of any vehicle I do gets one.

https://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Acc...Hang-Tag-P897/
    That`s the hang tag I have. I haven`t had to use it yet though
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I ran the Tahoe over to my dealer to get the new Michelins mounted. While there, I mentioned that it needed
    [LIST..] done too, and/but I`d bring it back when it`s clean. SA said my Accumulator-approved Tech (hey Eric, you`re great!) had an opening. We discussed the "touching of dirty paint"/etc. and...I left it there to have the work done. We`ll see how well this turns out, first time I`ve had a dirty car serviced since...gee, I dunno when.

Thread Information