Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre wax cleaners with no abrasives? Name your preference.

Heh heh, now hold it, hold it right there.....you guys are going all Meguiar`s on me with the word usage! What`s this "chemical abrasives" and "doing correction" with something that`s not functionally abrasive?

Bert- Oh yeah, ZAIO + FK1000P Great combo. Just keep that ZAIO off the exterior plastics unless you want another job of (re)correcting them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    ....you guys are going all Meguiar`s on me with the word usage! What`s this "chemical abrasives" and "doing correction" with something that`s not functionally abrasive?
    haha..Meguiar`s with the word usage. That`s funny

Well, perhaps it was pad (?) or a combination, but I once took PP on a BOSS yellow pad and did pretty good at removing sanding marks (1500 grit, I think).

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- My, uhm...Meguiar`s Reference...originated with a discussion of this kind of stuff too! "Eliminate" and "Cleaner" have standardized meanings in English They don`t always see it that way.

But yeah, the pad can factor in considerably! Back in the day we got correction (real "take off/level paint" correction) out of Meguiar`s M07/etc. by using the right (well, we thought so) pads/application media; it wasn`t the product doing the correction, it was the cut of what rubbed it against the paint.

Eh, between this thread and the one about Orangepeel/Texture I`m on a Word Usage Rant today.

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- My, uhm...Meguiar`s Reference...originated with a discussion of this kind of stuff too! "Eliminate" and "Cleaner" have standardized meanings in English They don`t always see it that way.

But yeah, the pad can factor in considerably! Back in the day we got correction (real "take off/level paint" correction) out of Meguiar`s M07/etc. by using the right (well, we thought so) pads/application media; it wasn`t the product doing the correction, it was the cut of what rubbed it against the paint.

Eh, between this thread and the one about Orangepeel/Texture I`m on a Word Usage Rant today.
    Kind of like Zaino calling their sealants polishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Kind of like Zaino calling their sealants polishes.
    Exactly. Oh man, just think how often we`ve had to school people on that one!

Post Thanks / Like

Danase also had a `Pure Polish` that was fantastic, but that`s gone the way of the Dodo now. I still have 1 1/2 bottles left. I use the PB Pure polish quite a bit. AF had a good one for sealants and a different one for waxes. What about one of the Dodo Juice pre-wax cleaners

Post Thanks / Like

DG is as guilty as Zaino using the word polish for LSP`s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Danase also had a `Pure Polish` that was fantastic..
    Yeah, Danase Wet Glaze! I really liked Bob, still wear my Danase t-shirt when walking the dogs

BUT..even there the terminology got iffy...somebody reported that it did actually contain...something.. Cleaners, perhaps..I forget..but something. It was a bit o` drama at the time for those who like to make a Big Deal out of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve still got some of the Danase Wet Glaze too! They had a wheel cleaner called `Assassin` (I think it was) that was very good too. The Danase Pure Polish was really good at cleaning exterior windows. Not sure what the chemical cleaners were in the polish, but they sure dissolved the hard water deposits pretty quickly. No abrasives and it never dusted at all.

I bought the PB Pure Polish thinking it was the same or similar. Its not really but the PB one is great in its own right.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if my DWG is still OK...never did use it.

Heh heh, with all that inventive verbiage it`s kinda like you have to try something to find out what it really is/does (or better, let somebody here report on it).

Post Thanks / Like

I see Poorboys has a Pro Polish 2 which has more cut. How does it finish compared to Original Pro Polish?

Post Thanks / Like

Still on Word Usage Rant? hehe

interesting with the M07. I did use it with a cotton towel to remove oxidation and "clean" [scare quotes intentional, word usage] single stage paint. I guess with the M07, or the PP, the product acts as a helper to the abrasive (be it towel, or pads).

Wonder if my DWG is still OK...never did use it.

Heh heh, with all that inventive verbiage it`s kinda like you have to try something to find out what it really is/does (or better, let somebody here report on it).
    Yes! I found it`s better to have someon else report on things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Still on Word Usage Rant? hehe
    Sorta turning into my Default Mode these days

interesting with the M07. I did use it with a cotton towel to remove oxidation and "clean" [scare quotes intentional, word usage] single stage paint.
    Oh yeah, absolutely will work like that! (Way) back in the day, that`s what we used to clean/revive/"seal" and even LSP (for a short-term fix) paint. Kinda like an ancient AIO!

I guess with the M07, or the PP, the product acts as a helper to the abrasive (be it towel, or pads).
    Yeah, right on that too. All those Trade Secret Oils and the other stuff contributes a bit too. The M09 Swirlmark Remover is (or at least once was) a mix of fine abrasives and the stuff in M07, so Meguiar`s was actually making products in accord with your observation.

Yes! I found it`s better to have someon else report on things.
    As long as they`re, uhm....credible

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a big fan of a DoDo Lime Prime Lite, but it`s a bit pricey. Lime Prime Lite works great by hand for a quick panel cleanse. When I bust out he machine, PB Pro Polish is hard to beat, as many have recommended.

Skip the non-Lite version of Lime Prime if you don`t want abrasives. Normal Lime Prime will do some decent correction work! It`s really DoDo`s polish, and should have been called as such. That being said, The normal Lime Prime IS a very good Polish, but off topic for this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

PS21s paint cleanser hands down. I use this all the time! One of my favorite car products. It cleans and preps the surface really makes my paint pop, then i just pick my LSP of choice. Thats what i consider a paint cleanser im pretty sure it has no abrasives.

With a 20 year old car im more im more concerned about preserving its clearcoat, and look more to cleaners and light polishes now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information