Post Thanks / Like

Air Pressured Sprayers - Still using them ?

Anyone still using the handheld air pressure sprayers like the solo and stuff.

I personally just like the simplicity of a 20oz handeld spray with the Tolco nozzle. Bit more work to refill when I`m using product though. Weight and mist are two things I factor when ~using said apparatus~

Back in the days, I bought these fancy German sprayers. 48 oz, molded air pressure sprayer (like the solos) that a truck run over with - the plastic was heavy and tough as hell . Too heavy for use IMO... Between the build and the size, I never used it much at all !

Anyhow, looking at all things related to the IK sprayer lineup. it`s different, made in Germany (some brownie points as my cars a german and 1/3 of my toolbox is filled with Hazet). Anyhow, just curious whos using similar air pressured sprayers these days....

I don`t really need one.....just looking for a excuse to try/buy one I suppose

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Pressured Sprayers - Still using them ?

I am still using a Kwazar Venus Super HD Compression Sprayer for my rinse-less washes. I like that I can pump it up and cover around half a car in a nice mist of pre-soak product. I find that the key is getting a super fine mist instead of large amounts of liquid that will roll off.

I don`t use these for wheel cleaners or other chemicals. But I do see how they could be beneficial if you were doing a lot and were in a production unit.

I do have a few of the Kwazar Mercury Pro (double action) sprayers that work well. But I wouldn`t want to use these for an entire vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you like 20 oz bottles with a plain (but good) nozzle, before you try a pump-up sprayer, try a Kwazar Mercury Pro bottle. As Troy said, they are double action. It sprays when pulling the trigger and releasing. Since releasing the trigger is zero effort, you get twice as much product per spray for the same effort, and the sprayer seems to be good quality.

I still use a pump-up sprayer, but mine seems to be getting less powerful as time goes by. I`ve been grabbing my 1 liter Kwazar Pro bottle more often.

Post Thanks / Like

WMR - have had pump up sprayer. Granted the one I had was of large volume - 48 oz and it was heavy injection plastic (which added to the weight), so I did not have preference to use it as the ergonomics was just not there. I like the smaller bottles and lightweight - (ease of use, the lighter the better). Just need to refill more often.....

Post Thanks / Like

Air Pressured Sprayers - Still using them ?-img_0143.jpg
    I use this for spraying wheel wells and the undercarriage. I removed the siphon tube so it sprays when held on the side and upside down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Been using the new Italian made Griot’s foamers and love them.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a modest Chapin a couple weeks ago for $12 (Amazon). I can`t believe how well it works for the $$ spent. I`ve got a couple of Solos, too. One croaked fairly early while its twin just keeps going.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

sprayer question, I`m ordering an iK Foam 9 sprayer. If I use soap in it what ratio should I follow? I ordered Gyeon Bathe+ and don`t want to use too little/too much. Since I`m mixing it directly with the water I`m assuming I`d use the normal bucket ratio. But I have a bad track record with assuming lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Anyhow, looking at all things related to the IK sprayer lineup. it`s different, made in Germany (some brownie points as my cars a german and 1/3 of my toolbox is filled with Hazet). Anyhow, just curious whos using similar air pressured sprayers these days....
    Hi my friend,

I have a good news for you:

Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a stainless steel one that was pressurized via the compressor. Never really impressed me that much and gee, I don`t even know where it is...or whether it made the move to this shop.

Post Thanks / Like

I was shipped three of the 48 oz air pump sprayers by mistake. When I called customer service they told me to just keep them. Never even tried it for a year, they just sat in my garage. Then I tried it. I love it

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the BlackFire pump up sprayers and I wasted my money when I bought it. It takes more effort to pump it up than it does just to squeeze a trigger on a bottle sprayer. When I bought it I thought it would take like 6 to 8 pumps and it would be ready to go but that is only when it is full to the brim. Must take a good 25+ when 1/2 or 3/4 full and it doesn`t last long.
    Dean.

Thread Information