Post Thanks / Like

Help how to restore fix Toyota Highlander window trim and rubber? Pics included

I`ve never had luck trying to restore the window trim and Rubber on my Toyota Highlander. How do You fix, and what products do you use? Do you end up a compoundin or just something like solution finish im not sure what kind of material this is. Thanks in advance.Thanks in advance keep

IMG_3549.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help how to restore fix Toyota Highlander window trim and rubber? Pics included

Yep, Solution Finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help how to restore fix Toyota Highlander window trim and rubber? Pics included

I have used CarPro Eraser then follow with 303 rubber seal dressing. The Eraser was sprayed on a demoted micro towel and then rubbed off the grime nicely. Next I applied the 303 and it looked new. https://www.autopia-carcare.com/carp...-cleanser.html and https://www.autopia-carcare.com/weat...rotectant.html

Post Thanks / Like

If Griot`s Rubber Prep doesn`t do it, I use a rubber-friendly compound to "get down to good rubber" and then do the Rubber Prep. That`s worked fine on trim that appeared *far* beyond salvageable (and it looks like yours isn`t *nearly* as bad as what I`ve fixed), though it can take a while (not just an hour, plan to be at it for a while).

Some people like IPA, but it`s seldom potent enough for me (if things are that OK the Rubber Prep alone is fine).

Then I seal with Ultima Tire&Trim Guard Plus.

Like WingCommander, I like to use demoted MFs, but for the aggressive work you might experiment (carefully!) with cotton as it`s more aggressive. Just watch that it`s not *too* aggressive as you don`t want to mess up the texture too severely.
    Likes Wing Commander liked this post

Thread Information