Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Considering Polish Angel Cosmic V2, but I have questions...

FK1000p and FK425 user here for the past 15 years, looking for something with more longevity, more of a sacrificial layer, and would like to squeeze out more gloss (though it might be tough to do).

I will polish out any significant blemishes, then thinking of using Cosmic Kit V2 and using the finishing polish included prior to application, but I have questions….

1) If the finish really doesn’t need anymore polishing, is there a prep spray that can be used before Cosmic, and skip the PA polish?
    2) What does the coating look like when it has failed? Does it look like failing clearcoat?
    3) Cosmic Spritz, High Gloss, these are supposed to prolong the coating, increase the gloss and shedding of water. Is it essentially a detail spray (like FK425)?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Considering Polish Angel Cosmic V2, but I have questions...

I can`t answer very much of your ?`s

BUT

I can say that I have used a few different products that were spray on sealants ( like hydro 2 etc.. ) and nothing I have tried is better in any way than high gloss

Goes on great-very smooth, has a UNIQUE smell( really insignificant though ), VERY high gloss, and nothing can compare to its hydrophobic action. Had it on a couple of months now. Car gets driven 5 days a week, sits out in the full sun all day for @ least 10 hours in a horribly dusty & corrosive environment , then driven home and it is parked in a garage @ night. I have also noticed it retains less dust ( not dust proof mind you ). When the car gets washed, I break out the pressure sprayer and 99.3 % of the contamination comes off. I am 100% sold on it.
    Likes Mary B, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jester7677 View Post
    FK1000p and FK425 user here for the past 15 years, looking for something with more longevity, more of a sacrificial layer, and would like to squeeze out more gloss (though it might be tough to do).

I will polish out any significant blemishes, then thinking of using Cosmic Kit V2 and using the finishing polish included prior to application, but I have questions….

1) If the finish really doesn’t need anymore polishing, is there a prep spray that can be used before Cosmic, and skip the PA polish?
    2) What does the coating look like when it has failed? Does it look like failing clearcoat?
    3) Cosmic Spritz, High Gloss, these are supposed to prolong the coating, increase the gloss and shedding of water. Is it essentially a detail spray (like FK425)?
    don`t take this as The word but this is my opinion/expertise (if you will)
    1- to achieve 9h hardness you have to use Primer Spritz or Primer Polish.. You Can apply cosmicv2 on any prepped surface but you won`t get the 9h harness. It`s a system, they bond together with some witchcraft sorcery or something.
    2- that`s hard to answer....there are multiple sides to that argument...some people consider a coating failed when it loses its hydrophobic qualities, this is not necessarily the case for multiple reasons...that would be an entire thread in itself
    3-cosmic spritz is designed as a maintenance to cosmic. according to PA it will increase hardness and bring back the initial look/slickness
    high gloss is a full on assault of titanium in a spray bottle. just bright shine - you could use it on top of cosmic if you`d like. it won`t hurt anything
    Cosmic Sprits and High Gloss are Not QD`s, they don`t carry enough lubricity to be used as such and would also not be very economical as that. If you want a PA `detail spray` for the cosmic you`d want to look into Presto (its synthetic based) but its still not very cheap to be used as a QD, I like to use it as a drying aid.

Spray and Wipe from poorboys is what you should be using as a QD or something similar that doesn`t add anything. (assuming you wanted to keep the same functons of the cosmic)

A side note about cosmic v2.. it doesn`t have the highest water contact angle compared to a lot of other offerings .. its only 108 degrees.... cosmic spritz/high gloss have 115+

Cosmic is really more of a sheeting coating IMO which I believe is correlated to the water contact angle.. I find higher contact angles sheet as well but they don`t sheet the same way. I can`t really articulate what I mean by that.

Brandt K.
    Likes SWETM, Mary B, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Mary B, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly as above! We recommend and use Griot’s Speed shine as the quick detailer for cosmic as it leaves nothing behind.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used both Cosmic V1 for single stage paint and Cosmic V2. I`ve also used various other coatings. Of the many options available, Cosmic is certainly one of the easiest to apply and remove. There`s no hassle and no concerns with not getting it all off...it excels in the "easy" department. It may not hold up as long as some others, but when we`re talking years...who cares?
    I like to use PA Final Polish before coating. There`s also the Cosmic Primer Polish that can be used to both remove minor imperfections AND prep the surface for Cosmic. But if you`re sure no polish needs used, you can simply use the Cosmic Primer Spritz, which is a simple spray and wipe pre-Cosmic product that preps the surface for the coating.
    As mentioned before, Cosmic Spritz or High Gloss are NOT QD products. They are basically to be used after you`ve washed the car as usual. You can then spray and wipe them (like you would a QD), but only after washing the car. They add protection and re-establish the original look of the coating. High Gloss is supposedly "glossier". Who knows on that one. Some people will use PA`s Carnauba Arts (color matched) products for this purpose also. PA says they play well with Cosmic and work well because they are color-themed to the color of your vehicle. I have a silver vehicle and use PA Silver Alunite over my Cosmic when I wash it. I like the way it looks better than Cosmic Spritz in this case.
    As far as a true QD product, for when you have light dust, some water spots etc...PA makes Spray Duster. I`ve used it, and I don`t care for it. It`s very thick and seems a little "dry" to me. I know that dryness in products doesn`t equate to them not working properly; I just don`t like the feel. Again, as mentioned, when using QD over a coating, you don`t want a QD that leaves anything behind. It`s only diminishing both the look and benefits of the coating. The current QD I personally use is CarPro`s newer EchO2. It`s a QD, waterless wash, rinseless wash product for coatings. I personally don`t do waterless washes ever. I do use it for rinseless washes sometimes, and I do use it as a QD...and thus far it works well.
    I`ve not tired Griot`s Speed Shine nor PB`s Spray and Wipe that were mentioned, so I cannot comment. I think any QD that doesn`t leave anything behind will work...it`s just hard to find them (and sometimes it`s just because the brand doesn`t specify anywhere).
    Anyhow...that`s about all I can tell you on it. I do like the PA product quite a bit (other than the price).
    Likes Mary B, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    .. Griot’s Speed shine ... leaves nothing behind.
    Huh, wonder when they changed it..it absolutely DID leave stuff behind back when I used (gallons and gallons of) it; it left a very significant change in look/feel/beading compared to untreated areas. That`s probably a change for the better for some what people do with it.

Post Thanks / Like

jester7677- Though it sounds like you`ll be switching to PA, I did want to point out that replacing my FK425 with QD-strength IUJD significantly improved the look of my FK1000P (well, IMO at least..). I find the IUDJ *so* superior that I have to force myself to use up my FK425 on non-critical stuff...never woulda thunk it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Huh, wonder when they changed it..it absolutely DID leave stuff behind back when I used (gallons and gallons of) it; it left a very significant change in look/feel/beading compared to untreated areas. That`s probably a change for the better for some what people do with it.
    I`m with you...I always thought speed shine left "something" behind. I prefer spray and wipe from Poorboys personally, although I`m guilty of using Spray and Gloss sometimes Considering Polish Angel Cosmic V2, but I have questions... (which leaves `something` polymer behind)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I`m with you...I always thought speed shine left "something" behind...
    Heh heh, yeah..it was as obvious as waxing a spot with some different LSP. The "wax-like stuff" would even separate out if you let it sit unused in the wrong conditions for too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Resurrecting an old thread but.. I have a coated vehicle and want the extra durability and hardness from Cosmic Spritz through first applying Primer Spritz. As mentioned earlier, it is a panel wipe on steroids with some hardening additives mixed in but I`m concerned it will interfere with my CSL / Exo coating?
    Any experience / advice anyone can share?
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm interesting idea. Ive paint prepped my coating before and applied cosmic. Never thought about using invincible primer spritz though.

Don’t know if hardening agents will adhere to coatings as they would paint....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Hmmm interesting idea. Ive paint prepped my coating before and applied cosmic. Never thought about using invincible primer spritz though.

Don’t know if hardening agents will adhere to coatings as they would paint....

Only one way to find out Will do a 50/50 - one side cosmic only, one side primer then cosmic and monitor longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Only one way to find out Will do a 50/50 - one side cosmic only, one side primer then cosmic and monitor longevity.
    Niiice!

Is this the old-school Cosmic Spritz or the current coating Cosmic Spritz Spraycoat? Figured I would ask even though I assume you have the latest since you’re talking primers.

Post Thanks / Like

Considering Polish Angel Cosmic V2, but I have questions...

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Niiice!

Is this the old-school Cosmic Spritz or the current coating Cosmic Spritz Spraycoat? Figured I would ask even though I assume you have the latest since you’re talking primers.
    They are same. Just the primer spritz is what gave it the 11-14 month durability. Still 6 months with just Cosmic spritz.

They only change they said is the new color charged model.

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I emailed Cosmic asking if this was OK. Here’s the answer I got

“Hi Sir,

yes, your have here full adaption.”

With best regards,
    Daniel

I think this means yes? Anyways I think a 50/50 is a great Idea. Hopefully can tell if their is more durability with Primer spritz.

Thanks for doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information