Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Brand New Ceramic Coatings coming out this spring?

When a new chemical composition is released that becomes the new pinnacle for coatings available to DIYers, you`ll see the coating train pick up speed as everyone revamps formulas to compete.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

At this point, it truly appears that optimum gloss Coat trumps all in consumer coatings and I see no evidence to the contrary. Between the aesthetics, ease of use, durability and self cleaning properties I see no reason to try anything else. Unless, of course, something new comes out and is a “game changer.” That’s not to say that the rest of the available products aren’t good, but optimum is so tried and true that it’s n easy purchase that you won’t regret.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    At this point, it truly appears that optimum gloss Coat trumps all in consumer coatings and I see no evidence to the contrary. Between the aesthetics, ease of use, durability and self cleaning properties I see no reason to try anything else. Unless, of course, something new comes out and is a “game changer.” That’s not to say that the rest of the available products aren’t good, but optimum is so tried and true that it’s n easy purchase that you won’t regret.
    Nothing trumps all in every area, nor for every person, climate or usage and maintenance patterns.

However, a particular product that ticks the most boxes for you is indeed the best choice for *you*.

Find something you like and use it often.
    Likes The Guz, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Find something you like and use it often.
    Agreed ^

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you are kidding by the gloss coat trumps all. Someone on here I trust there advice of “The Guz” Michael had run it on a vehicle it in California no less didn’t even make it to the 2 years. Not like it was pelted by salt and brine for 6 months

I’m sure in optimums eyes it was a prep or some issue cause manufacturers are quick to say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Really I don’t see why the old gym sock coating isn’t mentioned yet.

I mean it’s meant for artists and is available to us average joes. It’s gotta be the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Hope you are kidding by the gloss coat trumps all. Someone on here I trust there advice of “The Guz” Michael had run it on a vehicle it in California no less didn’t even make it to the 2 years. Not like it was pelted by salt and brine for 6 months

I’m sure in optimums eyes it was a prep or some issue cause manufacturers are quick to say that.

Everyones experience differs a bit bit ive seen far more problems and shortfalls with other coatings than i have with optimum. PBL didnt make it 6 months for me, ive seen lots of gripes with cq. Instances like that with GC are few and far between from what ive seen. In the end, sure none are perfect, but “trumps all” is by nature a comparitive and not an absolute implying flawlessness.

Post Thanks / Like

Gym sock coating? You mean the vid where that guy applies an un-named coating with a gym sock?

https://youtu.be/_ZpvHgEduUU

Really I don’t see why the old gym sock coating isn’t mentioned yet.

I mean it’s meant for artists and is available to us average joes. It’s gotta be the best

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct. I applied Gloss Coat to 3 cars. My dad`s and two of my uncles. One car was stored in the garage for a better part of a year so I will toss that one out. My dad`s driven daily and sit outside 24/7 and my cousins which he started to daily drive but sat under a car port. On my cousins car, Gloss Coat was dead at 1 year. No hydrophobic properties or any noticeable signs of protection after a decon wash. Looked like bare paint and felt like it. On my dad`s at around the 1 year mark Gloss Coat was having performance issues. After trying out Gloss Coat, it is not for me and I won`t be using it as there are other better performing coatings.

So in my experience nowhere near the claimed 2 years of protection from Optimum. From testing various coatings Optimum is just ok. Definitely needs a topper to keep it going which is why Optimum is pushing their Hyper Seal from their maintenance line. Cquartz (both versions), Gyeon Syncro (short term thus far), Sonax CC36 and even CanCoat perform better than Gloss Coat and have much more aggressive water behavior. Not to mention better gloss. Gloss Coat definitely does not "trump" all coatings. The only pro is the ease of application.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Gym sock coating? You mean the vid where that guy applies an un-named coating with a gym sock?

https://youtu.be/_ZpvHgEduUU
    Quite humorous eh. Yeah he has built some quick fame and talk with that stunt probably hopes to sell more renny Doyle coating due to it

Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information