Car is a 2013 carbon steel gray VW GTI.

3 weeks ago I washed my car using Optimum no rinse, and polished with a PC 7424, LC orange pad, Optimum polish, and waxed with a black pad and Meguiars 26. I carefully checked my work in a dark garage with daylight colored LED lights to ensure that swirls and defects have been removed.

Today I washed my car for the first time since then, it has been about 3 weeks. My wash routine was:

Rinse

Two bucket wash with meguiars gold class soap and microfiber mitt.

While washing, the mitt was kept soaking wet and on vertical panels I preceded the mitt with a running water hose to keep the paint adequately wet.

Rinse

Because it was a windy day and I didn`t want to get dirt on the car, I pulled it in the garage before drying. I then carefully patted the car dry with a Griots PFM towel.

After this I turned off the lights in the garage and pulled out my LED lights and there were several areas along both sides and the rear hatch that had very light holograms. It is EXTREMELY frustrating that despite very careful washing I am somehow still marring the paint. I have no idea how this is happening. It would seem that my wash routine is careful enough to avoid such things. Any ideas?

If it is not my wash routine the only thing I can think of is that some marring will occur naturally as I do a lot of driving for work, and spend a lot of time in close proximity to others and parking lots where someone could potentially bump or rub up against it when getting out of their car. But I have a feeling that is not the case.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk