Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Replenishing Supplies: Polish

You can tweak Ultimate Polish by using a more aggressive pad. Something like a Lake Country Cyan Hydrotech, green Buff and Shine, or even a microfiber finishing pad can take it closer to medium territory.

M205 can be similar, but there have been instances where I wasn`t able to get M205 to finish without hazing. Very few and far between. In all honesty, it was probably just my technique.

However, Ultimate Polish as always been easy to get the result I was looking for. Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech, and Blue CCS pads finish great with UP. Seems with UP the slower you can get the pad rotating, yet maintaining rotation the better the finish. A Blue Buff and Shine pad at speed 2.5/3 on an old PC 7424 is a favorite finishing combo for me. Light pressure, two passes.

Post Thanks / Like

My problem with the UC wasn`t the cut or the ease of use. Initially it was the oils which made it harder to clean up while prepping for a coating. Later when I ran a side-by-side test against another polish when doing a test spot, I realized the other product finished out better.

It`s still a good polish and served as my "training wheels" while building skills on a DA. I`d still recommend it to anyone just starting out, but I`m now at a point where I`m ready to try new things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlc95 View Post
    M205 can be similar, but there have been instances where I wasn`t able to get M205 to finish without hazing. Very few and far between...
    Intersting. I`ve only had it haze glossy black plastics, but even with no hazing it just didn`t give as nice a finish as other stuff.

A Blue Buff and Shine pad at speed 2.5/3 on an old PC 7424 is a favorite finishing combo for me. Light pressure, two passes.
    Also interesting! Gee, I`ve never dropped the speed that much that I can recall...and I generally do that kind of Final Polishing with the fixed speed Cyclo (much faster). Different people/paints/etc...and I sure agree about keeping the pad rotating!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

Also interesting! Gee, I`ve never dropped the speed that much that I can recall...and I generally do that kind of Final Polishing with the fixed speed Cyclo (much faster). Different people/paints/etc...and I sure agree about keeping the pad rotating!
    My understanding with hyper compound and hyper polish, Is that you use speed 3 for them. So is that right or wrong? My plans for the camaro is to use uc then hyper polish.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t hear much about carpro reflect? Those that do use it seems to like it.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I don`t hear much about carpro reflect? Those that do use it seems to like it.
    Personally I was not a fan of it when I tried it. Real short working time and created a lot of dust. Reminded me of M105 with similar characteristics.

I may give it another try in the future.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Personally I was not a fan of it when I tried it. Real short working time and created a lot of dust. Reminded me of M105 with similar characteristics.

I may give it another try in the future.
    I have to ask you if your environment makes some polishes to dust? When the deminishing abrasive is broken down and you get a clear polish the abrasives is broken down and not need to work it anymore. If overworked they dry and dust but would`nt in normal cases dust. I think that you know this and just curious if maybe you have extreme heat environment that makes the water in the polish to dry before it breaks down. The reflect is fast working as the clear cut and don`t need more than 4-5 passes to break down. And very little product is necessary with it. In warmer environment maybe some water based compounds and polishes is not suited for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    My understanding with hyper compound and hyper polish, Is that you use speed 3 for them. So is that right or wrong? My plans for the camaro is to use uc then hyper polish.
    For the optimum products, I think you’re right to use a slower speed. From what I gather their whole system is based on generating less heat in the panel. I’m not sure what the ideal speed would be for a smaller throw DA since I would guess they had their longer throw Zen tool in mind during development? Hopefully more well versed folks can chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I have to ask you if your environment makes some polishes to dust? When the deminishing abrasive is broken down and you get a clear polish the abrasives is broken down and not need to work it anymore. If overworked they dry and dust but would`nt in normal cases dust. I think that you know this and just curious if maybe you have extreme heat environment that makes the water in the polish to dry before it breaks down. The reflect is fast working as the clear cut and don`t need more than 4-5 passes to break down. And very little product is necessary with it. In warmer environment maybe some water based compounds and polishes is not suited for?
    Tried it every which way and it was more work that it had to be. Most of the time it is around 70-75 degrees here with no extreme heat or humidity. The benefits of living close to the beach here in Southern California. I ended up putting it aside and went with Optimum Hyper Polish on that day.

I`ll give Reflect another shot but not any time soon.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Well, oneheadlite likes lower speeds with the Hyper, maybe that *is* the ticket.

Eh, I`m just done with products I have to struggle to master...it`s either Accumulator-proof from the jump (seems that lots of stuff qualifies in every category) or I use something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, oneheadlite likes lower speeds with the Hyper, maybe that *is* the ticket.
    Confession/Clarification - I haven`t used the Hyper Polish or Compound, I`m just going off of what I had heard when used to listen to the Optimum Synergy Podcast to learn about their stuff. I should refrain from commenting on stuff I don`t have good hands on experience with.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What about Polish Angel Finial Polish II. I always thought it was a real nice product to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW. I`m super late to this party!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    As a matter of fact I donated my HD Polish to JustJesus free of charge.
    Indeed! I was quite surprised when I received it. He knew from prior posts that I *do* like HD Polish.

Sounds like you were *really* turned off by the HD! I`d love to know exactly why, but I`ll quit belaboring the point and just assume it`s one of those Personal Preference things.

After receiving his HD Polish, I went and sent him my M205 I do prefer the HD. For me, HD is easier to work with. Less oily. Less dusting. Easier to wipe off. And in my eyes, I felt the finish looked better.

I`ve always found it interesting how he and I are not on the same page with our experiences. We don`t live that far apart, though he is closer to the beach.

Also have Hyper Polish, but still sitting on the shelf. Too many products to try, not enough canvas (plus my current home makes it impossible to have others` cars there)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information