In preparation for the next round of Spring sales, I`m looking at replenishing my polish supply. Everyone was very helpful in answering my questions about pads.

I recently used up my supply of Blackfire SRC Polish and Meguiars Ultimate Polish. The UP was my first polish and I continually used it on vehicles with a softer paint like Subaru, Toyota, and Mazda, while the Blackfire was used on my Black VW with very hard paint. I still have the "matching" compounds for difficult places, but try to use them only on an as-needed basis. I could continue on with the UP, but I was surprised to find the Blackfire SRC polish left a much better finish than UP when working on my daughter`s Honda. That lead me to realize I should try something better. As I moved into coatings, I also became more aware of the oils both polishes left behind and it was significant. Neither was easy to clean off with a coating prep. All these factors and a desire to try new products now have me on the hunt.

All of my vehicles are in good shape, so I`m only using the polish to refresh the surface every 12~18 on my daily drivers, not heavy work on heavily abused vehicles.

Here are my requirements:

• A finishing polish that works well on VERY soft paints like Honda, Toyota and a medium polish/swirl remover for the hard/medium paint. I`m open to a single product that would work well on both...if it exists.
  • Work well as a 1-step to finish LSP ready for a coating
  • Not oily/hard to remove.
  • Available in an 8oz bottle. I go through product far to slowly to need large quantities. I don`t want it going bad in my garage.
  • Reasonable price

So far my I`ve thought of the following possible options.
  1. Sonax 04/06 and Jescar Finishing Polish
  2. Sonax 04/06 and HD Polish+

I`m not hooked on the Sonax, but all the good reviews make me interested in giving it a try. The Polish+ and Jescar were simply based on positive reviews working on soft paint. I`m open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!