Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ok, Who On The East Coast Washed Their Car In The Rain Today?

Hey, do not forget about those of us who live in the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field (Green Bay, WI)!!!
    Our short-lived January thaw on Wed-Thru (Jan 10-11) saw temps in the upper 40`s (°F), so yes, a true OCD Autopian (me!) went out and washed my car. It`s almost a sacrilege NOT to do so. You get the occasional honk of passer`s-bye or someone whose vehicle is REALLY dirty stopping and shouting out the rolled-down window, "NEXT!!" What was interesting about this thaw is that the Artic cold front dropped temps by 35°F in about 3-4 hours.
    I only mention this because washing a vehicle OUTSIDE in January is, indeed, a very rare sight in the shadows of the Frozen Tundra Lambeau Field (literally, my house is 1/2 mile away from the stadium). I did this same thing during a January thaw about 11 years ago and the local newspaper (Green Bay Press-Gazette) ran a story about things you just do not "normally" see in January in Green Bay. The photographer took pictures of me washing my car on a warm Sunday afternoon, asked me my name, and lo-and-behold, a small COLOR photograph of me washing the car made the FRONT PAGE of the paper for a lead title and again inside with the story the next day. The photo shows me spraying off the car with my thumb over the hose end! Before the photographer showed up, I had dropped the hose to the ground and broke off the brass nozzle tip so it did not work properly. Needless to say, many of my friends and family asked if that was me, or cut out the pictures and articles and gave them to me. I guess it`s my 15-minutes of fame. Want is even weirder? I still have the same car as then: a 2003 Subaru Outback!
    GB detailer
    Likes Britsdaddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It was 36 the other day. I ran a hose from the basement sink outside and got the pressure washer out. I missed out on the couple of days when it hit 55 because of work. Of course now its 9 and we got a foot of snow overnight

Post Thanks / Like

I actually did both cars yesterday but rain was coming down quite a bit.. Finally i pull into the garage and dried them.
    Hose rinse to get the major salt out (not sure how much it worked)
    regular wash with one bucket and a MF towel (or two)
    chemical guys rinsless wash with wax. (maybe 4 MF towels they were fairly dirty on each panel so the hose rinse may have been not very effective)
    dried with MF Towels.

I also did the interior (mats, liners) wiped etc..

Cars look quite a bit better now..

LOL more snow next week Do over I guess.

FYI it was like 58 degrees.

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Got two washed yesterday. Crazy how warm low 60s feels after the single digit crap we had.
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information