Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It`s 2018 - Whos Steaming

Hopefully a lot quicker with it. Lol. I guess we’ll find out. That ting is on a whole other level though. It will cut time dramatically and pay for itself pretty quick.

Plus a lot other people that own them pick up side jobs. I talked to one dude that steams Jump City (one of those trampoline places) and pulls around $2,500 from that a month. It’s quite a bit up front. But worth it in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish View Post
    .. It will cut time dramatically and pay for itself pretty quick.. It’s quite a bit up front. But worth it in the end.
    OK, as long as you`ve run the numbers...Thirteen. Thousand. Dollars. Sorry, still can`t get over it! I sure do hope it`s All That, bet you`ll be posting back about how it`s a miracle worker and I`ll end up envious

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah you can’t go into a investment like that blind. It took me awhile to get over the shock of it too. But the more I looked at it and studied it. It didn’t make sense not to. It’s made by Lamborghini. So that will draw some people in for sales just because of that. Four people can use it at once without a drop in pressure. Plus I can say I own a Lamborghini lol.
    Ha. I better be posting back saying it’s a miracle worker. It should be detailing by itself as much as it costs. I still have a little bit to save up where I feel safe to get it.
    Ha

Post Thanks / Like

Vanquish- Heh heh, I`ll be watching for news

And heh heh#2, being made by Lambo makes *me* think "overpriced for what it is", whether that`s fair or not Like buying something from Porsche Design.

Post Thanks / Like

True. I agree. I’ve never really been a Lamborghini fan. I’ve always liked Porsche and Aston Martins. But it will peak people’s interest. I did a similar sales thing with the Zymol Vintage Glaze. It’s good wax. But no where near worth the money. But people are curious what a $2,500 wax will look on their vehicle. Plus you get free refills for life on it. So I see the steamer working out kind of the same way. With the exception that steamer will help with production. Instead of only drawing people in.

Post Thanks / Like

Vanquish -

I think there are 2 sides to this camp. I posted on a recent thread. New car wash place (with detailing). Has lotsa things for the eyeball. Rupes polishers in their detailing bay, extractor, BIG honking steamer (hose looks to be like 1 1/2 - 2" thick). etc. Scangrip lights galore. Very glitzy/showy. The final detail bay is all whited out . Fake carrera marble porcelin floor (large 3x3 tiles), whiteout wall, intricate LED light setup.

Anyhow, be curious what do you reap out of on the steamer. I know many pros use it for this and that. Eh, maybe it`s because my cars are not that filthy or get dirty to point where using a steamer is noticable in production....

I think it`s awesome for areas like a cupholder.
    But leather, trim, even leatherette on dash (stuff that is important) I avoid like the plague.

Post Thanks / Like

.....and this big honking steamer I speak about @ this car wash. The gun is the size/profile of a the pressure washer gun. The output nozzle was like 1/2" The dude held the nozzle off the leather seats anywhere from 8 inches to as close as 3 inches. No towel, nothing to diffuse the output coming off the gun. I would never ever do that....eh, maybe I got untrained hands

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=mobiledynamics;2144342].....and this big honking steamer I speak about @ this car wash. The gun is the size/profile of a the pressure washer gun. The output nozzle was like 1/2" The dude held the nozzle off the leather seats anywhere from 8 inches to as close as 3 inches. I would never ever do that....eh, maybe I got untrained hands[/QUOTE

Mobiledynamics ---

Well, we don`t know the temp of his big-boy-steamer, so perhaps it was ok.. Not having seen it, I`m thinking its just making a lot of water to clean up.. From farther away the temp is going to change before it hits the target too..

When I use my VX5000 on really dirty Leather, I put the triangular brush on , put a nice, white, thick cotton towel over it, spray the seat with Zaino Leather Cleaner, brush it in, and put the towel over the seat and key up the steam..

Run it all over the seat, lift off, and the white towel is now dark, brown, black, etc., with all this crap that came out of the leather seat.. Have never hurt any make leather seat with this process.. Im cleaning and rinsing the product out at the same time..

For sure, nothing cleans those dirty seat belts better than this same process.. I will clean/steam on the top side, then come back and just steam from the opposite side..
    Now, there is a huge, amazing, amount of dirt, body oils, etc., that come out of seatbelts.. Driver side has the most... Passenger side has the most make up..

Put a clip on the end of the seatbelt so its fully extended, leave it out for awhile and it will dry up nicely..

My Clients want really clean Interiors and are willing to pay for it.. Heck, I want a really clean Interior.. My Steamer and Extractor are on with every Detail job..
    Dan F
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Vanquish -

I think there are 2 sides to this camp. I posted on a recent thread. New car wash place (with detailing). Has lotsa things for the eyeball. Rupes polishers in their detailing bay, extractor, BIG honking steamer (hose looks to be like 1 1/2 - 2" thick). etc. Scangrip lights galore. Very glitzy/showy. The final detail bay is all whited out . Fake carrera marble porcelin floor (large 3x3 tiles), whiteout wall, intricate LED light setup.

Anyhow, be curious what do you reap out of on the steamer. I know many pros use it for this and that. Eh, maybe it`s because my cars are not that filthy or get dirty to point where using a steamer is noticable in production....

I think it`s awesome for areas like a cupholder.
    But leather, trim, even leatherette on dash (stuff that is important) I avoid like the plague.
    Sounds like a nice, very expensive shop ! Scangrip lights cost over $500 for 2 plus the stand... Ask me how I know..
    Hope the help has the expertise to go along with all that really good, equipment..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you are saying. You can’t use a steamer for everything. But the things you can use it for does great. I use mine on engine bays, door jambs, wheel wells, carpet, certain trim and leather. The thing is though. With the one I currently have and the one I’m talking about. They are steam/vapor. With the vapor (dry steam) you can adjust the moisture down to 3-5%. Plus they have chemical injections. So you can turn your APC or whenever cleaner into vapor or steam. Using the vapor instead of steam makes it safer to use on various surfaces that I wouldn’t feel comfortable using steam on. I wouldn’t blast a nav screen with it. But it makes it safe to use on trim, leather and other things you can’t use straight steam on.
    I can’t speak for the car wash you are talking about. But I’ve even used the vapor setting on mine to clean headliners and digital screens.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m on my philosophizing chair right now. I love our steamer for cleaning our wood floors, but that`s about it. Well, eh, the bathroom tiles. My grout is epoxy so it`s not really dirty. It`s just a pencil neck pressure washer...

Heh. Aside from me, has anyone even typed the word Dupray on the forum in the last 18 months.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stok. Did you get that Sapphire extractor head yet I know it` plastic.....but I swear, once you use one, you will never ever want to use a traditional head ever again !

Post Thanks / Like

Stok. Did you get that Sapphire extractor head yet I know it` plastic.....but I swear, once you use one, you will never ever want to use a traditional head ever again !
    Mobiledynamics --

Unfortunately, no.. I read up on it, sounds fabulous... Im thinking as things pick up, I will be able to do it..
    Coming from all different angle, size, stainless steel attachments, I will be have to be really careful not to hurt it.. Is it really strong plastic???

What I have to do with all metal attachments in the Extraction phase is put a hand on the top of it, and when it stops being really cool, I know I have about extracted all the moisture down there.. Being able to see this will have to be so much easier...
    Thanks for the all your help !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I`m on my philosophizing chair right now. I love our steamer for cleaning our wood floors, but that`s about it. Well, eh, the bathroom tiles. My grout is epoxy so it`s not really dirty. It`s just a pencil neck pressure washer...

Heh. Aside from me, has anyone even typed the word Dupray on the forum in the last 18 months.
    This ^^^^ is funny !!!
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

there is not alot of things that I can say once you have it , you will never want anything else.....
    the inside nozzles are better, but man, I`m still waiting for the Sapphire equivalent in a crevice and then, I would be really set !

Model 1751 Combination Cabinet and Kick Plate Activator | Tapmaster

I have this in all my kitchens. I cannot fathom even having one without it. Actually , it feels weird not being to be handsfree in someone else kitchen...

I know it`s plastic. But it`s not like you`re working this on concrete.....or maybe you are when you do mats. In my non pro-sumer enviroment, and just con-sumer, the biggest thing is literally just the bypass water-extraction/cleanliness with ever needing to extract since its washing/rinsing/extracting at the same time. The adjustable flow is a godsend but man, IMO, things turn out drier and cleaner, since I`m not shooting water in, but really just rinsing/extracting. It really is hard to explain until you`ve used one

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information