Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions for Carpet Shampoos and Stain Cleaners & NON-SLIPPERY Protectants for Vinyl Floor Mats

Yes, it`s me (again) asking for suggestions from my fellow Autopians for carpet shampoos and stain cleaners that you have used.
    I also am looking for some type of NON-SLIPPERY protectant(s) for vinyl floor mats. I know that Weather-Tech (the American-made aftermarket vinyl floor mat manufacturer) has some car-care chemicals for this specific application, but I have not heard much about it within this forum. I hate getting into a vehicle like that at a dealership where the vinyl mats may is so slippery it presents safety hazard. This is especially true, now that I am recovering from knee scope surgery.

For carpets I am currently using DSC Products, Inc., Muskegon, MI Steam Plus for the carpet shampoo and Sure-Pass HD Fabric Spotter as a stain remover that I purchased at a local carpet retailer that also deals in hi-end carpets and Persian rugs. This cleaning has been done by hand brushing and microfiber wiping. Not exactly the most thorough, but it is still effective (at least by hand). I also use WD-40 Spot Shot for stubborn petroleum-based stains like tar and blacktop sealants.

FYI, if you have salt stains on carpet-type floor mats please see the thread:
    Cleaning Salt-Encrusted Carpet Floor Mats=

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for Carpet Shampoos and Stain Cleaners & NON-SLIPPERY Protectants for Vinyl Floor Mats

Lonnie- Can`t help with the Carpet Shampoo/Spotter (still just using up my old stuff- I use the same stuff for the vehicles as for our Orientals in the house), but IIRC DuraGloss makes a non-slip dressing that you can use on rubber mats. Same stuff I might try for tires if I ever use up my current Slimes.

Not that I dress *my* rubber mats though...I simply DON`T CARE how they look as long as they`re clean

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for Carpet Shampoos and Stain Cleaners & NON-SLIPPERY Protectants for Vinyl Floor Mats

I`ve use Duragloss #253 on floor mats with success. If you don`t lay it on too thick it will leave them looking new and no slippery, oily residue to worry about. To date, I`ve used it on both Weathertechs and VW Monster mats.

When cleaning the mats, I`ll hit them with a hose and/or mild dilution of APC followed up by the Duragloss when they`re dry.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Mi Hermano Lonnie -

I have always used Einszett (Now Nextzett) Deep Plastic Cleaner on all trunk mats, plastic, vinyl, etc., and it not only cleans but leaves them very well conditioned..
    Yes, it is probably more expensive to use in this manner than most, but my Clients want the best so they get it..
    Good luck with your research !
    Dan F
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been happy with what fabric and 303 spot remover. For the plastic mats I just started using sonus engine kote and really like the look as long as I don’t use to much if I do then I dab with micro fiber, to apply I spray and spread with a horse hair brush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use Scholl Boost on my rubber mats and pedals also. It is for engines rubber and plastic but works awesome on mats and pedals too. No slippery rubber after and a new look to it and the protection holds up very well. So when it`s time for the mats and pedals I start with cleaning them and spray the mats when still wet let it dwell for 15-20min and then wipe of the excess. For the pedals I spray it on a brush or a mf towel and work it in and wipe of the excess if any. To the engine is easy to use as if you don`t have to drive it more that day it`s just to spray it on and let dwell over night and it dries to looking great. Also still when wet to the engine. I think it`s Megs Hyper Dressing that obsessed garage do the same thing to his engine. Maybe test a little spot to the passenger side mats and see if it`s slippery or if someone have tested it on mats.

Post Thanks / Like

For cleaning interior and protect I like Ultima Interior Scampoo gel and Ultima Interior Guard Plus. I have the old version of them but the new formula is maybe better. The most different thing between them is that they are water based know. And remember that a little goes a long way with Ultima products and many gets scared of the prices they have. Test the smallest bottle first if you want to test them.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-6022.html

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-...l#.WlYvS5dwE1I

Post Thanks / Like

Mckee37 fast interior detailer for quicky
    Ultima interior shampoo

For stain and odor removal

Option 1
    P&S double black system

Option 2
    Meguiars pro Tannin/protein remover + fiber rinse and valueguard odor eliminator.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, you guys are far more Autopian than Yours Truly when it comes to the rubber mats Pedals too...though I do keep ours *very* clean (as in, some degree of cleanup after every use this time of year).

I use the steamer for most of my pedal cleaning, that and a denture brush as needed. But I don`t dress them with anything...Now I`ll probably be looking for a deficiency I don`t know I have, contrary to my Advice to Others

SWETM- I too *really* like that Sonus Interior Shampoo Gel.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    ..[I like]..Meguiars pro Tannin/protein remover + fiber rinse and valueguard odor eliminator.
    Is the Meguiar`s as pricey as I`d expect? Tannin/protein Removers are the kind of thing I buy generic.

Hey, you reminded me that I oughta get some kind of Rinse Agent, glad you mentioned that. I`ll probably go generic on that too..

That ValuGard Odor Eliminator *IS* good stuff! That`s something I *don`t* just buy generic

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, what a can of worms. Anyways, here`s mine:

PB Bio-Degradable APC and Degreaser, if I remember correctly it is certified by either the FAA or some branch of the military for plane cleaning.
    PB Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
    PB Enzyme Stain and Odor Remover

Poorboy`s even sent out a few samples of its trial extractor fluid, which is pretty amazing, but they haven`t had enough of a demand to put it into production, which is a shame because I (and others) really liked it and it flat out worked..... I used all of these to clean a nasty mini-van that I failed to take before/after pics of due to time constraints, but the difference was night and day.

Also, Bissell makes a small portable carpet cleaner called the Little Green Proheat and it works great if you do low volume carpet cleaning. (Sorry forum OP`s I know that it`s not offered by AG/ACC)

As far as the floor mat`s are concerned, I actually have both the WeatherTech Cleaner and Dressing. The cleaner is fantastic and you can tell that it is specifically for rubber/vinyl floor mat`s because it is the only thing that I could get to clean the WeatherTech floor mat`s, and their Dressing is not slick at all, a little bit actually goes a long way and dry`s to the the touch while restoring the mat`s original color and sheen without the mat being slippery. If I ran into rubber floor mat`s on a regular basis, I`d buy the cleaner and dressing in bulk, but I don`t so I have the small bottles in my arsenal.

And for pedals.... guys, they are pedals and will get dirty every time that they are used. Save yourselves some time and clean them once in a while, unless they get super dirty really quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Bissell makes a small portable carpet cleaner called the Little Green Proheat and it works great if you do low volume carpet cleaning...
    IME those are great for as long as they keep working, and that`s usually long enough to justify the price. Seems like the Factory Refurbished ones last longest, maybe because they have the usual bugs better attended to.

As far as the floor mat`s are concerned, I actually have both the WeatherTech Cleaner and Dressing. The cleaner is fantastic and you can tell that it is specifically for rubber/vinyl floor mat`s because it is the only thing that I could get to clean the WeatherTech floor mat`s, and their Dressing is not slick at all, a little bit actually goes a long way and dry`s to the the touch while restoring the mat`s original color and sheen without the mat being slippery.
    Hey, I found that both surprising and interesting thanks for posting that! I`d figured it was just a relabel of something mediocre.
    And for pedals.... guys, they are pedals and will get dirty every time that they are used..
    Heh heh, for once I`m *more* Autopian than somebody here! I figure the above is why they need some degree of attention almost every time a vehicle`s been used (at lest this time of year), sorta like the windshield. Nah, I don`t do the pedals of Accumulatorette`s A8 every time she uses it, but I do "my" vehicles almost that often.

Post Thanks / Like

I only dress the pedals and mats because it gets easier to clean them those time i do them after

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I can see that...I`m just too paranoid to do the pedals, at least in certain vehicles. Never had issues doing the mats though, guess I used, uhm...if not the "right stuff" at least not the "wrong stuff". Well, other than that one time in `77 with the original Armor All

Post Thanks / Like

I`m the OP to this topic:
    Does anyone still use Folex Carpet Spot Remover yet?? This was a forum-favorite many years ago, and I see it mentioned now and then. I have an almost empty spray bottle that has been on my shelf of no-longer-used detailing products for at least ten years, if not longer.

Also, I see that the Meguiar`s Detailer Line has an aerosol can D102 Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner and wonder if anyone has used this. Having experience way-back with Tuff-Stuff Multi-Purpose Foam Cleaner, I never found it to clean like Meg`s APC once I discovered and used that.
    I also know that Meg`s makes a OTC consumer-version of the Carpet Cleaning Foam aerosol can you can buy at Walmart. Not sure if it is the same thing as the Detailer Line product. Someone wrote a short opinion on it a couple of months back and stated it cleaned pretty good for an aerosol. One thing I did like about an aerosol foam is that you do not tend to over-saturate a fabric IF you follow the directions and it tends to dry quicker. That`s one of the problems with water-based products and hand-brushing and hand-drying via a microfiber is that too much liquid will lead to "wicking" and tends to bring up deeply imbedded dirt/debris that is not removed via hand-cleaning and then the carpet/fabric turns brown when it dries. (Which is why professional detailers use carpet extractors for deep cleaning and drying)
    GB detailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information