Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pick my Poison

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick my Poison

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    I love detailing. But when the PA winter hits, sadly I give it up.
    This. I`ll go weeks with filthy cars just waiting for a day above freezing in order to go through a touchless wash. Unfortunately this year, when it gets above freezing it starts raining/snowing!

I was in Baltimore over the weekend for work that rental car company at the airport thought it would be a good idea to wash their cars. My vehicle was covered in ice, to the point the company employee and I had a hard time getting the trunk open and the exterior mirrors were worthless. I understand giving a customer a clean car, but a little common sense would have taken them a long way. I truly feel sorry for the poor employees stuck having to pressure wash those cars with temps hovering in the teens.

Post Thanks / Like

Spring Cabin Fever. I don`t practice what I preach FR. It`s a heat wave coming on and then back to Jack Frost on Sunday.
    Going to give both dailies a pre-rinse tomorrow and then another wash on Saturday. See u later Jack Frost

Post Thanks / Like

Di-electric grease on the rubber seals works superbly. I`ve not had a frozen door since.

Post Thanks / Like

Mobile D. Sounds like you’re in the same weather pattern I’m in. I will wash Thursday. 60 degrees. Then get cold a few days later. Coleroad I use that stuff quite often on o-rings, electrical connections etc. never even crossed my mind to put it on the weatherstripping. Thanks for the idea

Post Thanks / Like

Fishroes -

When you said 60, I had to google it
    That sounds like late spring weather.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USVA0652:1:US

Is your ambient temperature on cold days going to be mid 30`s low 20`s ?
    Even at those temps, I would not fret about frozen door locks ? As long as you wash early enough in the morning, a majority of the water should be dissipated.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep that’s my forecast. I’m about 50 miles southwest of Richmond out in the country. One of those counties that just has 1 high school for the whole county. They have changed the temps for tomorrow. Not gonna make it to 60. Suppose to rain too. Don’t know how the weatherman is in your neck of the woods but the weather people around here don’t know sh=t from apple butter when it comes to forecasting. I apologize if I offended anybody with that statement. Hopefully I will get a 2 hour block of no rain. I hate looking at a salt covered vehicle. Replaced both headlight bulbs in the ridgeline yesterday. Salt done got up in the engine compartment too. Watched Mike Phillips video on engine detailing, I’ll be doing that when winter is gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information