Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I forgot how Gritty Winter Can Get

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I think, and this is JUST my opinion and observation, that NOTHING sticks to your vehicles is because your use of Finish-Kare`s FK1000P .. That one statement about your local`s binders not sticking speaks volumes about FK1000P value as a winter wax on winter-driven vehicles.
    I`m thinking it`s the lack of binders more than anything else. I just washed the A8 (LSP = OCW) and everything cleaned off just fine, even the undercarriage. Doesn`t clean up as *easily* as the FK1000P in that it takes a few more passes, but no big deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Did the 1st winter salt/wash. Always tend to forget the routine until you go through the motions the 1st couple of times.....ya know. All in the name of being safe with that gritty mess ..

HP Rinse
    more HP Rinse...

Felt kinda guilty using this $$ soap as a lubricating agent but Foam Lanced with GG soap

2B with Reset Soap (best soap IMO). Blew dry.

Heh, you know it`s winter when you wash the car and all you smell is salt water.

One Day, on my sh1t list, if I could figure out something nice enclosure wise so it would not be so industrial, is a heated pressure washer. Now that would be the ticket !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Did the 1st winter salt/wash. Always tend to forget the routine until you go through the motions the 1st couple of times....
    Huh, I didn`t seem to be doing anything differently except for not having to deal with any bugs. I might do a *little* more Pre-Rinsing, but generally...winter washes are the same as summer ones. Well, except for the awful mess left on the floor of the washbay (and, uh-oh...going down the drain, hopefully without causing any issues).

Thought about washing the Tahoe yesterday when I put the winter wheels/tires on, but nah...just DI pressure-rinsed it and blew most of the water off. Looks plenty good enough for Real Life during winter.

Post Thanks / Like

89 Days till spring.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes LEDetailng liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used my worx hyrdoshot or whatever its called with a 5 gal bucket. Worked really nicely to get the heavy gunk off. Need to pick up some good wheel cleaner to make the wheels a bit easier to do next time. Just glad the salty mess is off, for now.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t really use the foam lance during the warmer months. Once spring/pollen is over, the cars stay amazingly clean with very little upkeep except for the OCD washes.

I do use the lance this time of the year. Granted, I don`t do the whole hose/mitt routine pass, extra liquid via foam that helps in aiding whatever grit comes out of the mechanical process of ~washing~ is a plus.

Maybe one day I`ll try the whole hose/foam/mitt routine, but it just seems like so much. Knowing me, I`ll end up touching the panels with the hose more often that not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Maybe one day I`ll try the whole hose/foam/mitt routine, but it just seems like so much. Knowing me, I`ll end up touching the panels with the hose more often that not.
    I won`t try to minimize how much work a "regular maintenance wash" can be, but the "bump car with nozzle" thing doesn`t really happen IME. Noting that I`m thinking "foamgun used in conjunction with wash medium"..you can get dialed-in on the rub tummy-pat head type of cordination pretty quickly.

I always suspect that the part of my wash that *others* consider tough/time-comsuming is actually the part that I think goes quick and easy...it`s all that other [stuff] that makes it such a long, hard job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information