Post Thanks / Like

Quick question regarding pressure washer (ar383)

My father and I recently dug up a AR383 that we barely ever used. I want to start using it on a new car. The spray trigger leaks pretty bad (assuming its broken) and I`d like to replace it anyway.

Since AR uses its own non standard plug my plan right now is to buy this adapter - https://www.arblueclean.com/products...dapter-118.cfm AR to 22mm.

Then buy a M22 threaded spray gun like this - https://www.amazon.com/Threaded-Trig.../dp/B01BMB3STU

My next and last question is... how do you connect something like the mtm hydro to this? and if I do buy that spray gun I should be buying some type of lance extension/wand right? I have a feeling everything will work but I`m not that familiar with this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick question regarding pressure washer (ar383)

Quote Originally Posted by jam3s121 View Post
    My father and I recently dug up a AR383 that we barely ever used. I want to start using it on a new car. The spray trigger leaks pretty bad (assuming its broken) and I`d like to replace it anyway.

Since AR uses its own non standard plug my plan right now is to buy this adapter - https://www.arblueclean.com/products...dapter-118.cfm AR to 22mm.

Then buy a M22 threaded spray gun like this - https://www.amazon.com/Threaded-Trig.../dp/B01BMB3STU

My next and last question is... how do you connect something like the mtm hydro to this? and if I do buy that spray gun I should be buying some type of lance extension/wand right? I have a feeling everything will work but I`m not that familiar with this stuff.
    Looks like a good start. I`m not entirely sure what the interface on your PW looks like. I picked up a AR 630 TSS Hot recently (LOVE it) and it has a M22-14mm outlet pressure junction (?).

Personally, I typically like a shorter setup (no wand) for most washing, but thats personal preference. A wand is nice to control some overspray, but if you`re washing outside its usually a non-issue. A wand can also be a bit awkward washing roofs, engine bays or gunked-up door jambs. To wand or not to wand- that is the question.

For connecting your foam cannon to your gun, I would suggest looking into QD (quick disconnect) fittings. They keep things nice and tidy and very easy to switch between accessories. There`s a couple amazon sellers that will sell you M22-3/8" (or 1/4") male and female kits. Just make sure your foam cannon has the same inside diameter as the QD coming off the gun (3/8" to 3/8" etc)

Post Thanks / Like

jam3s121- Glad you`re asking about this! I too wonder how to hook various things up to my AR (AR112, about their cheapest POS-level model, just right for me ) and/but I`m hopelessly ignorant about all the proprietary pw connections out there. (And not too inclined to educate myself about it until I have some of that Free Time people keep talking about )
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

First post is definitely all wrong.

Anyways, is this hose a standard connection? I think its a 1/4 quick disconnect but I have no clue
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJCHT2Z...a-398437432035

Post Thanks / Like

I very briefly looked and it looks like you are on the right track, however, if it was me, I would not be pouring money into a M22 connection anyhow and go with a standard 3/8 connection from the get go. 3/8 is the defacto standard in the PW world so you will find hoses, fittings, accessories, etc a breeze.

So covert out from the AR, but once you have the out on the AR, I would stick with 3/8 all the way..
    Likes PRND[S] liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jam3s121 View Post
    First post is definitely all wrong.

Anyways, is this hose a standard connection? I think its a 1/4 quick disconnect but I have no clue
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJCHT2Z...a-398437432035
    I happen to be working on my pressure washer, Ryobi.
    The hose looks like a M22 Female w/ a 3/8ths male plug. Do you have a QC already that the plug will fit?
    Could you get thread sizes off your machine, for the pressure hose out ???
    Maybe a Pic. or 2.

Edit: Just looked it up.
    Looks like 1/4 " pressure hose out. With proprietary gun and wands.
    Lotsa plastic, there, can see why you want to upgrade.

Pics of the back of the machine and the hose it came with would help

Thread Information