Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foaming, is it just all bubbles?

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    twtbuda- Welcome to Autopia!

IMO all that really matters with this stuff is whether a person`s vehicle stays the way they want it with the approach they`re using. For *me* that means remaining basically marring-free for many years (between corrections) despite said vehicles getting utterly filthy between washes. My view is that what you mentioned regarding the nearly immediate soiling of the wash medium is indeed critical and that`s why I use the foamgun to facilitate a "dislodge and flush" approach via constant flushing and lubrication.

Heh heh, I simply can`t figure out how some people apparently (oh man, that sounds sorta snarky...adding that "apparently"...but unless I`ve lit a vehicle up in a dark room with a SunGun how can I really *KNOW* its condition?) keep their vehicles marring-free using the approaches they do. If I do that stuff I cause marring. But that`s just me...
    @Accumulator, I don’t remember seeing you write a sentence that long.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    @Accumulator, I don’t remember seeing you write a sentence that long.
    And, given the way I can go on, that`s saying something huh?!? Just couldn`t resist that little(?) digression...

Eh, give me a little while and I`ll come up with something even worse, just wait and see

Post Thanks / Like

So that is the correct process: rinse off, foam cannon let sit, rinse off foam then mitt wash and soap, two bucket method, electric air blower dry...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
    So that is the correct process: rinse off, foam cannon let sit, rinse off foam then mitt wash and soap, two bucket method, electric air blower dry...
    The problem is there is no correct things when it`s comes to methods. Just what you prefer and find out what works for you. And what benefits you get from the different ones or what the downside is.

From what I have experienced with the part of pre-rinse and foam and rinse or foam on dry paint then rinse. Is when I foam on dry paint I get a longer dwelling time. This get the benefit that it`s takes longer to dry on the paint which I don`t want to happens. And I get the possibility to clean with the water pressure from the PW when I start from the bottom and work my way up. The not visual benefit is that the foam capsulate the dirt and get some lubrication when it`s rinsed off. Or at least I think so lol. The cleaning ability between dry foam it and prerinsed IME is that the dry foam catch up cause of the longer dwelling time. This is when useing the same kind of foam. It`s cleaning ability is from what product you use when foaming. And the benefit on very dirty car the use of a dedicated prewash foam is important. Now I have access to a little larger offerings of prewash foams. But Gyeon Foam or gtechnic w4 citrus foam or Angelwax Fastfoam or Angelwax Cleanliness good ones. So with maintance washes I always starting with prewash foam on a dry car. When doing decon washes I have a different approach.

Post Thanks / Like

And don`t forget to clay!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
    And don`t forget to clay!
    Or chemically decontaminate. If either is really required

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information