Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for 2-Bucket Wash Quick-Detailer Spray Drying Aids

I am a little "surprised" by the OPT Opti-Seal as a "drying agent", since its more a polymer protectant, with a wipe-on-walk-away application with a foam applicator, rather than wiping off with a microfiber. But it is your experience and suggestions that I am asking for.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieMike View Post
    Accumulator.....I`m using SpeedShine on top of the FK1000P. I`ve gone thru 3/4 of a 35oz. bottle in the last 6 weeks or so. And I plan on using it if/when I have to subject my Edge to the Scratchmaster car washes when it`s too cold for me to bring out the buckets and water.
    If it`s satisfying *YOU* then that`s that, case closed

BUT...heh heh, I really did give away mine after using IUDJ for a while Despite having do through *so many* gallons of SpeedShine...I was using it way back when it was still called "Fast Shine (still have one of those bottles). I`m repeating/beating you over the head with that if only because had somebody said that *I* would quit using it I would`ve said "No way!"

Which is sure what I did say about IUDJ before I tried it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I am a little "surprised" by the OPT Opti-Seal as a "drying agent", since its more a polymer protectant, with a wipe-on-walk-away application with a foam applicator, rather than wiping off with a microfiber. But it is your experience and suggestions that I am asking for.
    I think I originally heard about it when I used to listen to the Optimum podcast. A spray or two on a panel, and it makes a noticeable difference in helping water disappear and helps provide slickness for your towel. I guess the caveat is that you`re probably leaving more protection/etc behind using Opti Seal than you would with a quick detailer.

(Assuming quick detailer= short term gloss enhancer vs O.S. = LSP type product, even though slightly diluted from the small amount of remaining water on the car).

dansautodetailing.com
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I cheat by using my Master Blaster 8 hp Dryer first, and it works so well that there is hardly any water left anyway.

But if I ever get the urge to put anything on there, it is Optimum Opti-Seal, and as has been very accurately stated above, a spray on the panel or the soft microfiber, leaves the panel dry, slick and very glossy, and of course a little more protection than perhaps the normal over the counter QD, etc..
    Yes, Optimum Opti-Seal is not inexpensive for sure, but I still like it on my vehicles..
    Dan F

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information