Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for 2-Bucket Wash Quick-Detailer Spray Drying Aids

I am a little "surprised" by the OPT Opti-Seal as a "drying agent", since its more a polymer protectant, with a wipe-on-walk-away application with a foam applicator, rather than wiping off with a microfiber. But it is your experience and suggestions that I am asking for.
    GB detailer
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieMike View Post
    Accumulator.....I`m using SpeedShine on top of the FK1000P. I`ve gone thru 3/4 of a 35oz. bottle in the last 6 weeks or so. And I plan on using it if/when I have to subject my Edge to the Scratchmaster car washes when it`s too cold for me to bring out the buckets and water.
    If it`s satisfying *YOU* then that`s that, case closed

BUT...heh heh, I really did give away mine after using IUDJ for a while Despite having do through *so many* gallons of SpeedShine...I was using it way back when it was still called "Fast Shine (still have one of those bottles). I`m repeating/beating you over the head with that if only because had somebody said that *I* would quit using it I would`ve said "No way!"

Which is sure what I did say about IUDJ before I tried it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I am a little "surprised" by the OPT Opti-Seal as a "drying agent", since its more a polymer protectant, with a wipe-on-walk-away application with a foam applicator, rather than wiping off with a microfiber. But it is your experience and suggestions that I am asking for.
    I think I originally heard about it when I used to listen to the Optimum podcast. A spray or two on a panel, and it makes a noticeable difference in helping water disappear and helps provide slickness for your towel. I guess the caveat is that you`re probably leaving more protection/etc behind using Opti Seal than you would with a quick detailer.

(Assuming quick detailer= short term gloss enhancer vs O.S. = LSP type product, even though slightly diluted from the small amount of remaining water on the car).

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I cheat by using my Master Blaster 8 hp Dryer first, and it works so well that there is hardly any water left anyway.

But if I ever get the urge to put anything on there, it is Optimum Opti-Seal, and as has been very accurately stated above, a spray on the panel or the soft microfiber, leaves the panel dry, slick and very glossy, and of course a little more protection than perhaps the normal over the counter QD, etc..
    Yes, Optimum Opti-Seal is not inexpensive for sure, but I still like it on my vehicles..
    Dan F
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Professional Detailer Tyler Hoffarth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on your budget, here are the go-to`s I would recommend (from most-least expensive... and possibly effectiveness)
    - Ammo Hydrate
    - CarPro ECHO2
    - Ultima Waterless Wash
    Owner of Unleashed Auto Care
    www.unleashedautocare.com

Proudly Serving Automotive Enthusiasts Across Saskatchewan

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had good luck with Optimum Detail Spray and the Big Blue towel (Ronkh recommendation - love those towels!) Adds some lubrication as well as laying down a nice gloss at the same time.

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer provides unsurpassed slickness & gloss in one simple application. Simply spray & wipe all automotive surfaces as the final step in your detailing process. The fluoropolymers in the Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer, provide the maximum slickness, gloss, and protection for all automotive surfaces as well as dust and dirt repellency.

• Provides unsurpassed slickness & gloss in one simple application
    • Can be used on wet or dry surfaces.
    • Can be used to clean light dust and dirt
    • Contains no petroleum distillates
    • Environmentally Friendly
    Likes Tyler Hoffarth, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My favorites are Meguiars UQW and Kenotek Showroom Shine. Both are very easy to use and work well. The only problem I`ve found with the Kenotek is around 50*F it starts to get a little streaky and takes a second pass to buff off. In warmer temps it works fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    My favorites are Meguiars UQW and...
    I wonder why I don`t like the UQW more....I *do* think it`s great on black trim and also the weird paint on the A8/S8 rocker panels, but on "regular painted panels" it just looks absolutely blah to me compared to everything else I use for this; obvious difference I see quite readily (I can always spot the UQW`ed areas). And I originally bought it for use as a regular Drying Aid, was predisposed towards liking it! Sure not hating on it as I do like it for the above (and for the underneath), but gee...people I consider credible certainly have a different opinion/experience than I do and that surprises me.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    That is exactly what I thought until I saw a video (I think on The Rag Company website) using it that way. It works great.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I wonder why I don`t like the UQW more....I *do* think it`s great on black trim and also the weird paint on the A8/S8 rocker panels, but on "regular painted panels" it just looks absolutely blah to me compared to everything else I use for this; obvious difference I see quite readily (I can always spot the UQW`ed areas). And I originally bought it for use as a regular Drying Aid, was predisposed towards liking it! Sure not hating on it as I do like it for the above (and for the underneath), but gee...people I consider credible certainly have a different opinion/experience than I do and that surprises me.
    Could it be the LSP under the UQW that caused you to not like it due to some strange interaction with the products?

I used UQW on cars with Klasse SG, Poorboys sealant, and 845. In all three cases, on dark paint it left a deep liquid looking shine and great water sheeting. I found the look a nice balance between a deep carnauba and the glassy acrylic sealant/coating look.

I know what you mean though. I`ve seen comments about other products of all types that left me scratching my head. Sonus Glanz is a perfect example. Occasionally I`ll see people recommend it as a spray wax and I can`t imagine why. When applied to Klasse SG I found it REDUCED the shine, not enhanced it. Unlike Spritz, which worked great (hey, another good drying aid!), I found Glanz had no redeeming value.

Post Thanks / Like

Desertnate- Huh, I dunno...I`ve tried it on 845, 476S, and FK1000P with the same results, must just be me as I had expected just what you did, in fact, experience

And get this...the Sonus works great on *my* KSG! Go figure, huh? Guess you just don`t (really) know until *you* try something.

Post Thanks / Like

I alternate between
    PA Rapidwaxx - Deep, thick `nuba look
    Pinnacle spray wax - dries fast, warm `nuba glow
    PBs Spray and gloss - freshly cleaned and shiny look and scent
    WG Spritz sealant - Crisp, bright, gleem
    and Rupes 808 - Dries fast, crisp & bright
    all are very slick, Rapidwaxx being all time favorite, but you gotta buff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all who have responded to my requests for suggestions of a car wash drying spray.

I say that because there is confusion and misinterpretation between drying agent and gloss enhancer or even water deposit contamination remover. I would think that to get that perfect, streak-free paint after a vehicle wash, you need to:
    1) Remove or dry ALL the water before it evaporates
    2) Have water that has NO contaminates in it (Like de-ionized water from a CR Spotless System)
    3) Use a rinse-less wash chemical OR gloss enhancer to remove those contaminants left over from a mineralized water supply as a result of evaporation of water that could not be removed OR dried too quickly from ambient weather conditions (IE, high heat and low relative humidity).

It`s quite obvious that we (I) get into the semantics/definition/interpretation of what a "drying agent" is, as a gloss enhancer does act as a "contaminate cleaner" and it is this final step and application of said preferred gloss enhancer that produces the desired streak-free perfect finish look after a vehicle wash, but does not cause the water to dry or evaporate more quickly. That was already done from natural evaporation (which happens regardless IF ambient environment conditions are above 32°F and less than 75% relative humidity), use of compressed air to blow off excess water, and/or a drying microfiber towel or chamois of some sort to remove the water.
    GB detailer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information