Post Thanks / Like

Foam Cannon for SunJoe SPX3001

Does anyone use the SunJoe SPX 3001? I need recommendations on a foam cannon that will attach to the quick connect at the end of the wand. Most foam cannons say it replaces the wand but I don`t want to keep threading things on and off during the wash cycle. For me, its fine being at the end of the wand unless it affects performance of the foam cannon. Any help out there??? The MTMPF22 looks like a nice unit, as do some others. But most retailers can`t tell me anything about the SunJoe... And all Sun Joe wants me to do is buy their foam cannon

Thanks in advance!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam Cannon for SunJoe SPX3001

I have one of the knock off foam cannons from amazon. I think I paid around $20 for it. I use with my Sunjoe SPX3001 attached to the end of the stock gun. It works just fine for me. I use Duragloss 902 or Megs goldclass wash with it and it produces enough foam for my needs.

This is the one I bought: Link Removed

Post Thanks / Like

SunJoe is kinda an odd bird, uses I think 14mm fittings where US are 15mm (or vice-versa): https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/produc...ersion-adaptor

Have had (2) Amazon cannons (MATCC and DUSICHIN) and they worked `OK`...most of the time.

Much prefer the (albeit more expensive) MTM cannon. If foaming a car becomes an inconvenience, I`d likely quit doing it so for me, the heavier duty MTM stuff is worth it.

To get decent foam with the Amazon guns had to crank all the way to the stops (given the product dilution I was using) and with the PF22 I get better foam at same product dilution with room left on adjuster dial. Adjustable orientation nozzle is nice as well

Not sure yet whether I prefer the stock PF22 bottle or one of the other `straighter` bottles yet but the stock PF22 bottle does stand on a flat surface a bit easier without tipping over. The threads on the neck of the hourglass bottle may seem just slightly more prone to cross-threading but really a non-issue if, you know, you actually pay attention to what you`re doing...sometimes I`m a bit weak in that area!

As an aside, from a pure hobbyist standpoint, make sure your pressure washer/foam cannon setup is easy and convenient to use...otherwise you`ll quickly tire of the routine if it becomes a time consuming and inconvenient. Swivels, quick connects, hose reels, water `manifolds` for hose bibs, etc; if it`s not quick and easy to use, it`ll likely end up like exercise equipment...un-used aside from a clothes hanger/storage rack.

You may be able to put together individually but the spray gun/cannon kit is a nice kit that includes everything to get ya set up; the small MTM SGM35 spray gun is much easier to use as well. And you`ll save yourself a bit of time and aggravation chasing pieces down although you could likely save $20 or so doing it, I`m too lazy and just snatched up the kit: Link Removed

It`s a good setup, just wish I wouldn`t have had to go thru the cheap stuff to find the value of the MTM pieces.

FWIW I`m using with a Sunjoe SPX3001, 2030psi, 1.76gpm electric pressure washer; MTM stuff works great with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the PF22 foam canon. Works better than the previous version and easier to handle as it is shorter. I now have a similar setup as the one Budgetplan1 suggested with a short gun (I currently use a Mosmatic gun and I also have the SG35 with a swivel). If you do go this route, don’t forget the adapter that is in the link Budgetplan1 provided as that is necessary to put the standard 3/8” Quick connect. Previous to that, I didn’t like using the foam cannon attached to the wand so I put a quick connect on the stock gun to make the set up shorter. I got this quick connect from eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pressure-Washer-M22-x-14mm-Male-x-1-4-Coupler-Karcher-Style-Twist-Disconnect-/272337231239?hash=item3f68905d87

Post Thanks / Like

You need too look at the Obesessed Garage site (link to retail detail site removed). He has videos that explain the differences in the MTM guns and foam cannons. He sells some nice packages. He also sells the 15mm to 14mm converters for Son Joe and other pressure washer that do not use the standard 14mm connections.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the SPX3000, and I ended up with the "Sud Magic" foam cannon found on Amazon, what I liked about this particular option was that the bottle has a brass threaded top...it seems that a lot of the negative reviews/complaints on other foam cannons were that the bottle would break where it threads with the top part, so this seemed like a good solution to avoid that. I`ve used it a few times and so far, so good. Here`s the link: https://www.amazon.com/SudMagic-Foam...m+cannon&psc=1

Post Thanks / Like

I`d say think twice about the foam canon. They look really cool and make for some awesome pictures. They also impress people that don`t know much. The reality is, for most cars a foam bath is a _TOTAL_ waste of time. Its also a waste of soap and not exactly great for the planet.

You`ve got to think about it, if the soap is powerful enough to really knock that oily film off the car, it for sure is stripping the wax and hard on the trim. Most detailing foam soaps aren`t that strong. The pressure washer knocks off all the hard dirt, so what exactly is all that foam doing?
    Likes pwaug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I`d say think twice about the foam canon. They look really cool and make for some awesome pictures. They also impress people that don`t know much. The reality is, for most cars a foam bath is a _TOTAL_ waste of time. Its also a waste of soap and not exactly great for the planet.

You`ve got to think about it, if the soap is powerful enough to really knock that oily film off the car, it for sure is stripping the wax and hard on the trim. Most detailing foam soaps aren`t that strong. The pressure washer knocks off all the hard dirt, so what exactly is all that foam doing?
    I actually know quite a bit (patting myself on the back ) and foam cannons impress the heck out of me. Not begin to tell you I use less shampoo (cannon or gun uses the same amount) but the truth is I throw what some consider to be an extra step in my washes when using a pressure washer anyway. Works for me YMMV.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It`s not the strength of the soap that matters to me but rather the fact that a thinner, more aqueous foam kinda soaks the surface while it clings, helping to loosen anything o.n the surface.

Kinda like soaking a gunked up cooking pot in the sink to loosen the grime. I could clean it immediately wirh some effort and a Brillo pad or i could let it soak for s bit and clean it with a sponge.

I have no need for thick, neat looking shaving cream foam; I want the thinnest, runniest foam I can produce that will stick to the surface for the recommended dwell time.

And it`s fun.

Thread Information