Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish prep for csl/exo

I like polish angel final finish - no dust, you don`t need to use a whole lot of it, and it smells fantastic (which is something I can`t say about any other finishing polish I`ve used and really does make the experience more enjoyable)

but as stated above, there are many good polishes and compounds.... I`d just recommend not using anything that is a coating primer or has any wax/sealant in it (of course) and definitely use the panel wipe step before coating

and don`t let my test be the end all be all of essence not working with GTECH, I`m just a hack with some fancy tools and a strong curiosity, but I would definitely not recommend using them together

Brandt K.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I like polish angel final finish - no dust, you don`t need to use a whole lot of it, and it smells fantastic (which is something I can`t say about any other finishing polish I`ve used and really does make the experience more enjoyable)

but as stated above, there are many good polishes and compounds.... I`d just recommend not using anything that is a coating primer or has any wax/sealant in it (of course) and definitely use the panel wipe step before coating

and don`t let my test be the end all be all of essence not working with GTECH, I`m just a hack with some fancy tools and a strong curiosity, but I would definitely not recommend using them together
    512, so what did you find that makes you not recommend using essence with GTECH? I`ve had the combo on my wifes car essence CSL/EXO for a few months now with out issue. Did you just not have good longevity or something?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ride92 View Post
    512, so what did you find that makes you not recommend using essence with GTECH? I`ve had the combo on my wifes car essence CSL/EXO for a few months now with out issue. Did you just not have good longevity or something?
    it seemed to have failed completely at a little over one year and four decon (iron) washes , if not earlier and was held up by `waxwasting` tendencies

I have a thread out on this but I need to put a few more updates in it and further thoughts that I have been pondering over the past week or so..i`ll do that after work today

Brandt K.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    it seemed to have failed completely at a little over one year and four decon (iron) washes , if not earlier and was held up by `waxwasting` tendencies

I have a thread out on this but I need to put a few more updates in it and further thoughts that I have been pondering over the past week or so..i`ll do that after work today
    Interesting, Ill guess I`ll keep an eye on my wifes car as we are just getting into the winter months here. I`ll see how it holds up with the beating a Wisconsin winter is going to give it.

I think come spring I`m going to try the CSL/EXO combo on my CX-5 and see how it works. I plan on polishing off the remaining Gloss Coat that is on there with menzerna 3800 so I`ll be able to compare the two as the time ticks by.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking at polish angel but cost is preventing me from purchasing. Might give griots BOSS line a shot, or mckee. Or maybe polish angel if there`s a good sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ride92 View Post
    Interesting, Ill guess I`ll keep an eye on my wifes car as we are just getting into the winter months here. I`ll see how it holds up with the beating a Wisconsin winter is going to give it.

I think come spring I`m going to try the CSL/EXO combo on my CX-5 and see how it works. I plan on polishing off the remaining Gloss Coat that is on there with menzerna 3800 so I`ll be able to compare the two as the time ticks by.
    3800 isn`t very aggressive at all. Ya sure it`s gonna get it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information