Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OTC Products, what`s new and worth checking out?

I have a bad habit of semi- hijacking a thread now & then- I see that you use FK 1000P--- Guess you like that a lot, I received a can of FK#2685 as a gift, have you ever used it??

BTW the only coatings I ever use /d are the spray on ones. Since I started using them I wont go back to the traditional type of waxes-- mainly for the ease of use, its redicilousy (?) easy to use

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    I see that you use FK 1000P--- Guess you like that a lot, I received a can of FK#2685 as a gift, have you ever used it??
    No, never tried the FK2685. And yeah, I like the FK1000P so much that it`s basically replaced my other LSPs, and I only use coatings on certain wheels.

BTW the only coatings I ever use /d are the spray on ones. Since I started using them I wont go back to the traditional type of waxes-- mainly for the ease of use, its redicilousy (?) easy to use
    Huh, never used any Spray Coatings, but then the only coating I`ve ever used is the Optimum GlossCoat stuff (whatever the name changed to/from). I do use a Spray Wax (OCW) on my wife`s A8 and it *is* easy since I`d be using some kind of Drying Aid anyhow, but it`s not even close to being like the FK1000P with regard to durability and, more importantly protection so I`ll eventually switch that to FK1000P also. It seems that I get results from FK1000P that nearly rival what some people get out of some coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-c2...d-crystal.html
    This is one of the many coatings or sealants I have been using
    Likes shineycar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had a "wax" last more than 3 weeks to a month MAX. And thats using a name brand car wash about 2 or 3 times in that period of time.So--- I have given up on them for now.If I ever did go back to a paste type wax I would have to apply with a machine as by hand is just way to much labor for me anymore
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    I have never had a "wax" last more than 3 weeks to a month MAX. And thats using a name brand car wash about 2 or 3 times in that period of time.So--- I have given up on them for now.If I ever did go back to a paste type wax I would have to apply with a machine as by hand is just way to much labor for me anymore
    Especially here in Florida, I agree 100%. However, Accumulator`s much loved FK1000P is a paste sealant. As is Collinite 845 (in my opinion) and some so-called "waxes" like Fusso. Some waxes, like Natty`s and Collinite 915, must have some sealant polymers in them too because they last much longer than a straight carnauba. I ramble to make a point that some things that say "wax" should not be overlooked when seeking longevity. I`d bet FK#2685 is a decent protectant because it has polymers.

But to your point, down here in Florida, things like some of the DoDo waxes, and P21S, and Sovereign, and just about any straight oily carnauba, yep, 3 weeks and *poof*.
    Likes nickclark08, re-tired liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

WaxAddict- Yeah, I`d put 845, and maybe even 476S in that "really more like a sealant.." category. I once heard that the 845 contains "resins".

M16 will last a fair while too, but I seem to be the only source around and nobody ever wants to buy mine.

Oh, and ever since I got some experience with ~QD-strength IUDJ, I have to *force* myself to use up my FK425. Whatever`s in that IUDJ seems to do the "almost like a LSP with what it leaves behind" thing even better than FK425. Man, I just *NEVER* thought some Rinseless Wash would replace my fave QDs, but it sure has.
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information